Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine

Started by BonesawT101, Jul 06, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

Author
Danny McBride discusses Alien Covenant with Rolling Stone magazine (Read 45,114 times)

Corporal Hicks

McBride just said a lot of great stuff in barely a minute! His attitude is great. The fact that he loves he wont be playing the silly comic relief is wonderful. I especially loved his comments on the script!

"Then I got the script and I'm like this shit is dark! There is no comic relief in this at all. This is a dark horror movie."

Music to my ears.

Enoch

Excellent news! ;D

P.S. New profile photo, Hicks!  :)

Stolen

I'm already fan of McBride  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Been a fan of DB since Tropic Thunder.  Be he has been basically playing the sane character everywhere.  Hope this is an opportunity for him to really do something unique and new.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 07, 2016, 07:24:29 AM
I feel like McBride wont be playing any overt comic relief.

Looks like you were right yet again Corporal.

Mr. Clemens

This actor's never been on my radar, but he sounds like a good guy and what a dream opportunity for him to stretch out of his mould!

XENOMORPHOSIS

There were slithers of humor from characters such as Brett and Parker, Hudson, etc, Resurection went a bit too far with the comedy the tone felt off. The humor in Prometheus from Milbourne and Fifeild wasn't such a winner with audiences either. Sounds like Danny McBride is telling us this is a more straight horror.

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 12, 2016, 07:15:50 PM
McBride just said a lot of great stuff in barely a minute! His attitude is great. The fact that he loves he wont be playing the silly comic relief is wonderful. I especially loved his comments on the script!

"Then I got the script and I'm like this shit is dark! There is no comic relief in this at all. This is a dark horror movie."

Music to my ears.

Ditto. This is very good news. Alien was a film with unknowns, so the actors really didn't have a to worry about audience expectations, as much, especially with Sigourney Weaver. But McBride alrady has a reputation as a comedic actor who's mostly played silly roles. This will be a completely different kind of film for him. I know he's a very knowledgeable about films (as demonstrated in Tropic Thunder) but I wonder if he can pull off a serious role such as this, in an Alien film.

BishopShouldGo

He can't. He's funny 24/7. Comedic actors can only be limited to being comedic.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 12, 2016, 11:38:57 PM

Punch Drunk Love.

NickisSmart

^ Leslie Neilsen, Forbidden Planet.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 12, 2016, 11:56:31 PM

Punch Drunk Love.

Nope. Adam Sandler is funny 100% of the time, as all comedic actors have to be. It's in the rulebook you're given before entering Hollywood audition rooms.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jul 13, 2016, 12:08:19 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 12, 2016, 11:56:31 PM

Punch Drunk Love.

Nope. Adam Sandler is funny 100% of the time, as all comedic actors have to be. It's in the rulebook you're given before entering Hollywood audition rooms.

Shopgirl.

whiterabbit

Well, shit I mean this sounds like fantastic news but there has to be a little bit of comedy/dark humor in the movie. Right?  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed