Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2014, 01:01:47 PM

Author
Original Alien Cast Reunite for Alien: Isolation DLC (Read 60,109 times)

LastSurvivor92

Glad to see Ripley getting some true Justice in a game. I'm actually happy they decided to do this and bring Sigourney Weaver back to voice the character. I can't wait! And I got the game pre-ordered a while back but I will get the limited edition as well.

OpenMaw

There's never a *need* to pre-order something anyway.

Besides, i'm not surprised it'll be available later. That's another five to ten dollars they can get out of people after paying full price.

Dill-On

Dill-On

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 11, 2014, 02:30:39 AM
There's never a *need* to pre-order something anyway.

Besides, i'm not surprised it'll be available later. That's another five to ten dollars they can get out of people after paying full price.

It will be available. I know it from leaks.

Anyway, i will buy pre-order. Can't wait.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Dill-On on Jul 11, 2014, 05:17:22 AM

It will be available. I know it from leaks.

I believe I just said that.

blood.

blood.

I don't get it. What's wrong with preordering? It doesn't cost extra and if you don't like the game you get a refund. Or are things different where you are?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 11, 2014, 12:35:27 AMBut a project that can attract these wonderful actors (who would much rather be kicking back with a cold one in their golden years, I suspect) is a project I can get behind 100%.

ACM got Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Mark Rolston and Al Matthews to come back and voice their characters, the game still stank. The fact the cast is returning is no sign it'll be good.

For what it's worth, I'm becoming increasingly optimistic this will be a decent game. But still not enough to pre-order it.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 11, 2014, 02:30:39 AMBesides, i'm not surprised it'll be available later. That's another five to ten dollars they can get out of people after paying full price.

DLC like this will inevitably be avaialble separately later. It's not like it's a couple of skins or something, it's two entirely new levels featuring the cast of Alien. Even before they'd confirmed it I was 100% confident it'd be available for purchase alter.

blood.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 11, 2014, 07:41:51 AM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 11, 2014, 12:35:27 AMBut a project that can attract these wonderful actors (who would much rather be kicking back with a cold one in their golden years, I suspect) is a project I can get behind 100%.

ACM got Lance Henriksen,

yeah but he's a voice acting slut

HuDaFuK

Fair point.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sadogoat on Jul 11, 2014, 02:08:12 AM
There's also an article over at Polygon putting forward a case why you should not preorder Alien: Isolation. It's a fairly interesting read and some valid points are made. And given that CA have confirmed the DLC will be available to everybody sometime post-launch, there's not so much incentive to pre-order it anyway - unless you're one of those people who absolutely have to have it on launch day.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/10/5887425/aliens-isolation-ripley-preorder-exclusive-no

Isn't that a bit too hyperbolic? He seems to be under the impression you can't cancel pre-orders with ease and bases his major disappointment from ACM. We tend to get reviews just before release. You have time to cancel your pre-orders (internet shopping, guys???) and your money isn't taken until it ships. I had chance to cancel ACM when the reviews came in but I took that risk and went through with it.

At the end of the day, I'm going to get the game regardless so I can form my opinion and share it. He makes it sound like only bad games and evil publishers are going to push for pre-order.

Dill-On

Dill-On

Think about "Alien: Isolation" as different product made by different studio.
Give it a chance. ;)

In my opinion the best game with ALIEN should be a survival horror.
I was waiting for that from years.

Alien is not a cannon fodder for pulse rifles for me. I like "ALIENS" movie
but I prefer the feeling of fear.

This is why "Alien: Isolation" is better than "A:CM" for me RIGHT NOW :P
Anyway, this is piece of truth in here: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/10/5887425/aliens-isolation-ripley-preorder-exclusive-no

ChanceVance

Does anyone think playing out the air-duct sequence from Alien is going to be one of the most horrifying yet awesome things ever?Like I still get tense whenever I just watch the scene but to actually be able to play it out in that narrow space with the tracker beeping and you know that's it coming for you but you don't know where? So scary yet so irresistible at the same time

The Big D Scoop

It seem like an interesting idea, though as someone who never pre-orders games anyway, I'll give it a miss.
I wonder if Creative Assembly are planning any other downloadable content for ALIEN: Isolation, maybe a level based in Fury 161?

By the way, I'm glad that players will be able to use the original motion sensor seen in the movie, but I don't like the fact that it has a visible screen on that tracks the movement of the Alien like the motion tracker.

Mr. Clemens

Not to mention having Lambert howling away in your headset.  :D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The character likenesses is looking very good, just a pity about the lack of rank and insignia (pins) on their costumes. And a few other very esoteric tidbits.

WinterActual

What I am afraid of is the way they are describing it. Choose your way or something like that. I am 100% this means just that the game have 3 different routes to take. Its not like you are commanding the crew what to do, to actually make it "your" way or how will "you" survive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed