Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,444 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 24, 2021, 07:32:03 AM
I mean, if they don't bother to get a good artist for their Star Wars comic line (which I would imagine is a more profitable one) then I don't think we should expect good artwork in Alien comics any time soon

I'm sure Jones is cheaper than the asshole they're using now.

BlueMarsalis79

Pretty likely.

TilotnyWorshiper28

TilotnyWorshiper28

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 24, 2021, 07:32:03 AM
I mean, if they don't bother to get a good artist for their Star Wars comic line (which I would imagine is a more profitable one) then I don't think we should expect good artwork in Alien comics any time soon

their Star Wars comics have good art ....  they started out not having it but they do now.  the only Star Wars art that was bad lately was in the idw Star Wars adventures #10 focused on windu.  The Star Wars comics have been a big focus of what Disney is doing with the licence lately  with the high republic era  and how Qi'ra has returned in the post empire strikes back era.  The alien comics would need to tie into a new movie or something to probably get a good big art push .

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Sep 19, 2021, 02:30:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okmIAJ2DM_8

I just watched this video...

@RidgeTop
I want to say the snake-on-the-head thing was inspired by the H R Giger piece of Li where she had a snake slithering across her forehead, it's just executed poorly. I believe this is the one:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SnonNhhM254/YBfcQ7dCUSI/AAAAAAAA5vE/VgK1op22Oe4JdJBC932zyuA4bpWGQINDACPcBGAsYHg/s1000/250.jpg

tyrannosaurusjones

Quote from: TilotnyWorshiper28 on Sep 26, 2021, 02:59:14 PM
The alien comics would need to tie into a new movie or something to probably get a good big art push .

They really wouldn't. I like Phillip and his ideas, but far out I can't stand looking at what Larocca's doing. I would absolutely draw these books again and I'm about to swear off doing licensed material once I finish this back-up story for Detective Comics (already turned down two previous-dream-gigs that I was writing AND drawing) to do my own things. The editor just has to ask another artist. That's all there is to it. If it fits within the budget, it's done.

Kradan

Oh, hi Tristan ! How are you doing ?  :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 27, 2021, 09:58:03 AM
Oh, hi Tristan ! How are you doing ?  :)

Still hoping nobody finds out where SM is buried, I think.

tyrannosaurusjones

I actually spoke to Scott just before our last round of lockdowns, so a couple of months ago! If he's buried somewhere I'll bury whoever did it...

Been better. Melbourne's officially the longest any city has been locked down. But I'm alive. Working. Doing the things. Gotta get back onto commissions and junk though... plenty waiting still! Thanks for asking! Hope everyone here's still kickin'!

SiL

SiL

I'm sorry for your hi-vis wearing idiots down there :-\

HuDaFuK

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Sep 28, 2021, 04:11:34 AMMelbourne's officially the longest any city has been locked down.

That's a shitter. Glad you're hanging in there though.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Sep 28, 2021, 04:11:34 AM
I actually spoke to Scott just before our last round of lockdowns, so a couple of months ago! If he's buried somewhere I'll bury whoever did it...

Running gag here about him trying to slink past you to buy the marvel releases lol

QuoteBeen better. Melbourne's officially the longest any city has been locked down. But I'm alive. Working. Doing the things. Gotta get back onto commissions and junk though... plenty waiting still! Thanks for asking! Hope everyone here's still kickin'!

I feel you bro. Down here in NZ we've had harsh ones but nowhere near as long. Eager to see your non-licensed work once you get there!

tyrannosaurusjones

I tell you what -- the way NZ has handled things has genuinely had me considering moving there. Sure as f**k beats the shitshow we're dealing with here. And the people are nicer.

[cancerblack]

It's not without a fair few problems but, yeah we've managed all this Covid stuff pretty well. And of course, talented creatives are always welcome here.

Kradan

Kradan

https://www.perfectorganism.com/reviews/2021/3/23/review-alien-1-marvel-comics

QuoteMany of you will know Salvador Larroca through his majestic work on Marvel's Doctor Doom series, which I HIGHLY recommend. Larocca is terrific visual storyteller. There are glimpses of his talent in Alien #1, but on the whole I want the art to be edgier. To be pushed a little. For Larroca to let loose and scare us. The art in this issue is very good -- and completely on par with what most fans will expect -- but knowing what Larroca is capable of, I feel like he's holding back a little here. The colors, by Guru-eFX, are stunning and every bit the polished Marvel product any comic reader will recognize. Again, maybe a little too polish for my liking -- a little too vibrant, a little too perfect -- but maybe that's just something I need to get used to.

:D

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

"majestic"

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/separated-at-birth-star-wars-doctor-doom-and-salvador-larocca/

As much as I like the PO folks, they have a pretty interesting definition of 'majestic.'

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed