Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,741 times)

Gash

Gash

I like the cover - simple and evocative, a classic image

The DVD release of Prometheus had a horrible cover - a bunch of excessively photoshop filtered head shots and a screen grab of the ship. That looked amateurish - fortunately the blu was classier.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

I love how Fassbender is in the center for the DVD.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Gash on Jul 04, 2017, 04:20:25 PM
The DVD release of Prometheus had a horrible cover - a bunch of excessively photoshop filtered head shots and a screen grab of the ship. That looked amateurish - fortunately the blu was classier.

That's true. It's utterly cheesy. Obviously we don't judge movie by its DVD/Blu-ray cover but it's nice to have ascetically decent cover.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I find the new cover to be fairly consistent with the Prometheus cover so that works fine.  Not an issue whatsoever.  It's not a bad image of an Alien either.

bleau

bleau

Looks like a lot of deleted scenes. I thought the last Supper was a deleted segment as well as the crossing. Those are separate from the deleted scenes. Looking Nice, I like the mediabook design as well.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Anybody know if the crew messages will be included?  What about the Audi commercial?  Meet Walter?

I think those crew messages were priceless.  They are really important for character development.  Otherwise when watching the movie, you forget who is who pretty quickly.  I mean I won't, since I am a fan of the film, but I think most people had a problem with connecting with any of the characters.  Very little character development.  So it would be really useful if the viral videos were included of the crew messages...

Evanus

Evanus

Huh, yeah they're missing from the special features. I wonder why.  ???

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Perfect-Organism-Meet Walter is definitely in there,I've not seen the crew messages at all.The Audi commercial is obviously not in there.Notice when Fassbender delivered that line reading".....the perfect organism.....he delivered it a'la Ian Holm,that was one of the small touches in AC I actually appreciated..and him singing"The Man Who Broke The Bank at Monte Carlo"totally deranged-TE Lawrence sang that in LOA when he was stranded in the desert..... ::)

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

worst cover ive seen

MnTd

MnTd

Great.... Another lazy, no director's cut Bluray from Scott for a film that could
use all the help it can get. Worse yet, like PROMETHEUS, they dangle the deleted
scenes in front of you so you can kind of imagine what a proper director's cut may have
looked like if they gave a shit enough to do one. I just don't get it!
He did extended cuts of THE MARTIAN and THE COUNSELOR.
PROMETHEUS deffinently could have used the extra footage inserted, I don't know if
the extra footage for this one will be significant or not but lack of care is all over this.
They didn't even make a cool documentary on it.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: MnTd on Jul 05, 2017, 03:37:41 PM
Great.... Another lazy, no director's cut Bluray from Scott for a film that could
use all the help it can get. Worse yet, like PROMETHEUS, they dangle the deleted
scenes in front of you so you can kind of imagine what a proper director's cut may have
looked like if they gave a shit enough to do one. I just don't get it!
He did extended cuts of THE MARTIAN and THE COUNSELOR.

That whole paragraph is an oxymoron - 'another lazy no directors cut' whilst siting his two of his most recent films as having director's cuts. 

I don't remember them being announced before the initial theatrical releases, so who's to say Covenant won't get an extended cut?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I eagerly await the release of this Blu-ray so I can borrow it from a friend.

Darkness

Darkness

Fox have now released a trailer for the bluray. August 15th was correct for the bluray. Digital downloads will be August 1st.

Ingwar

Ingwar

It's just theatrical trailer. They could have made something special. Lazy, lazy.

Keyes

Keyes

Looks like we in the UK are getting the best BD/4K covers.

Source: https://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=alien+covenant

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed