Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 91,820 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Extraction was one of the few games I had for the wii.  It was alright.  Way better than it had any right to be considering it is a rail shooter. 

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Highly recommended this video on it:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 12, 2023, 09:01:25 PMDS (2008) > DSR > DS2 > Extraction > DS3 > Ignition 
Where does the mobile game fit on your list?

I beat the remake on Friday and it was fantastic. There were a few things I preferred in the original (the voice actors for Hammond and Kyne, one or two character deaths) but everything was a definite improvement where, if asked, I would have said it couldn't be improved. Well, except for the ADS cannon bit, that could definitely have been improved in the original (and was, in the remake). I'm playing NG+ on hard difficulty now and it's still a great time.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2023, 09:03:05 PMI have never played Extraction or Ignition.
Extraction is awesome and I'd love it if it got a remake as well. The Dead Space remake even references it several times, and it got a "sequel" in the form of the DLC for Dead Space 2.

Ignition is a cute puzzle game with a branching plot that leads directly into the opening of Dead Space 2. Like literally the very end of Ignition is the start of DS2. It's a neat side diversion and isn't afraid to do its own thing, and you can beat the whole game in an hour (there's even an achievement for beating it in like half an hour). The way it ties into the broader Dead Space media is novel, and having a save file for it unlocks some cool stuff in Dead Space 2.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Shit lol

DS (2008) > DSR > DS2 > Extraction > Mobile > DS3 > Ignition

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I have never played Mobile.

Stitch

Stitch

Extraction was great, and the mobile game is way better than it has any right to be

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2023, 01:11:12 AMI have never played Mobile.
The mobile game is another prequel to Dead Space 2 and explains how the necromorph outbreak happened on the Sprawl. Like Stitch said it's way better than it has any right to be, it's got full voice acting (including returning characters from DS2 and their appropriate voice actors), it controls great, the action feels appropriately like the first game, all around it's a good time.

DS2 even directly references it in an audio log - one of the logs you find late in DS2 is recorded by the protagonist from the mobile game, and you see them record that audio log at the end of the mobile game.

First Blood

First Blood

Beat the remake last night. It was everything I hoped it would be and then some. Brought back a lot of great memories and forged new ones. I kinda get scared shitless going off the beaten path to explore new parts of the ship, because I don't know what to expect. Motive did a fantastic job.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think everything was made better. Even the shitty turret asteroid section is soooo much better in this. I really hope they can remake DS2 soon as well, because that was my favourite and I'd love to see what they can do.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Except for the performances and it being tense, I agree.

First Blood

First Blood

I watched the alternate ending on Youtube. Good stuff.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PsyKore on Feb 16, 2023, 08:37:01 AMI think everything was made better. Even the shitty turret asteroid section is soooo much better in this.

@Local Trouble ^

Wweyland

Wweyland

So are they going for DS2 next? I enjoyed that one the most but didn't get to play the third game (I think I also played one spin-off on the Wii as well).

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 16, 2023, 11:24:46 PMSo are they going for DS2 next? I enjoyed that one the most but didn't get to play the third game (I think I also played one spin-off on the Wii as well).
A DS2 remake isn't confirmed but they'd be foolish not to, people are practically begging for one in the wake of the DS1 remake.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed