Favourite film: Prometheus or Alien: Covenant

Started by Mala'kak, Feb 08, 2023, 10:35:09 AM

What's your favourite out of Prometheus and Alien: Covenant?

Prometheus
18 (43.9%)
Alien: Covenant
23 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author
Favourite film: Prometheus or Alien: Covenant (Read 12,748 times)

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2023, 09:08:36 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 11, 2017, 11:54:57 AMEstablishing his credentials in a scene of establishing the mission would've been fine. Instead we got "Fifield; geologist, dick." And that's it.
That's the best character description I've ever written.

dnicholson277

I watch both hoping that I'll like them more each time coming away disappointed.

Pups vs Flute we all lose.

They backed themselves into a corner by being prequels.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 12, 2023, 09:57:52 PMI think he loved rocks so much he saved some samples for analysis back on the ship, and I bet that's why he wanted to go back to the Prometheus with great excitement :)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 15, 2018, 11:38:57 AMI bet even rocks hate Fifield.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: dnicholson277 on Feb 12, 2023, 11:14:26 PMPups vs Flute we all lose.

The flute is great in both movies though.

Elmazalman

Prometheus.

Although the quality's about even. Both have creepy atmosphere.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2023, 02:06:33 AM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Feb 12, 2023, 11:14:26 PMPups vs Flute we all lose.

The flute is great in both movies though.

"You don't breathe, right?"

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 13, 2023, 08:19:46 AMPrometheus.

Although the quality's about even. Both have creepy atmosphere.

The Neomorph outside the temple looked quite spooky.

dnicholson277

There are some really great images and moments but it's like Ridley has nobody to keep him in check.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: dnicholson277 on Feb 13, 2023, 03:35:19 PMit's like Ridley has nobody to keep him in check.

That's what's so enticing. The current blockbuster climate seems to be hellbent on keeping creatives in check, much to its overall detriment. More of this instead, please.

Stitch

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 13, 2023, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Feb 13, 2023, 03:35:19 PMit's like Ridley has nobody to keep him in check.

That's what's so enticing. The current blockbuster climate seems to be hellbent on keeping creatives in check, much to its overall detriment. More of this instead, please.
Balance is always best. The best films are usually made with producers who reign in directors who go too far, but run interference on studios who meddle too much.

Kimarhi

Prometheus is an absolute dumpster fire that I hate everything about and made me start to dislike Scott's constant involvement in the franchise.  Covenant was a little better..........but not by much.  You can tell he didn't want to do anything more with the Alien.  Which is why I hate his involvement in the series now.  Make constant complaints about the franchise runners wanting Alien in an Alien movie, make an average then final movie to the franchise, and instead of leaving, stay attached to everything involving the series.  Makes no sense other than he thinks Alien is HIS franchise. 

I cannot stand Prometheus though.  I think it is the worst movie in the franchise INCLUDING the two AvPs and Resurrection.  A waste of celluloid.  And all three of those movies I think are pretty freaking bad.

Get rid of the boneship, and leave out the jockey suits from the first film, and prometheus isn't even related to Alien.........SO WHY TRY TO CROSS IT INTO THE UNIVERSE IN THE FIRST PLACE.  Just make your own BS sci fi movie Ridley, damn. 

I actually think his whole series of Raised by wolves was done because he had to go back to the Alien in covenant, and RBW was a way for him to get his creative lunacy out of his system which he could've done before sullying the Alien franchise good name. 

Seriously, this movie pissed me off to what I imagine Aliens fans felt about Alien 3 and I cannot WAIT for Scott to separate himself from the Alien series so we can avoid any steaming piles of dog shit in the future.  I don't care that he is going to do something different with the Alien everytime he directs, his last two takes on the franchise are trash and you can only expect trash takes on future installments. 

Covenant takes an immediate hit for having to follow prometheus.  A brain dead take on origins that didn't need to be exposited on.  There is so much in this movie that makes me roll my eyes about how f**king dumb it is that I've only watched it maybe twice since 2012. 

Kradan

Daaang

Mr. Clemens

If you think Prometheus is worse than Requiem, then I just can't take you seriously.

Local Trouble

@Kimarhi gets an A+ for that post.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kimarhi on Feb 14, 2023, 04:54:32 AMPrometheus is an absolute dumpster fire

Now, now Kimarhi, you sound like a 13 year old.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed