Can Predators space walk without a suit?

Started by (Bad Blood), Oct 25, 2022, 07:10:00 AM

Author
Can Predators space walk without a suit? (Read 1,828 times)

(Bad Blood)

Hello again my friends! I'm just wondering, I saw some comics of Predators entering a ship from outside of it without a suit, can they just space walk without a protective suit then? I guess their pretty tough, so I guess?

SiL

Their biomasks provide them air, which is the most immediate problem in space. A human can also spacewalk without a suit -- just not for a long time, and it will cause them some major problems later.

Predators could probably withstanding the void longer than us but I imagine like humans it would not be ideal for them to be exposed to the vacuum for very long.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Oct 25, 2022, 07:29:19 AMTheir biomasks provide them air, which is the most immediate problem in space. A human can also spacewalk without a suit -- just not for a long time, and it will cause them some major problems later.

Predators could probably withstanding the void longer than us but I imagine like humans it would not be ideal for them to be exposed to the vacuum for very long.
Thank you for your answer. I typed that up and then remembered that humans can survive a little time without a suit like you said, so it stands to reason something with more durability could for a little longer. Sorry I just repeated exactly what you just said lol. I suppose a better question would be how long can they survive without a suit in space?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

They're flesh and blood creatures, even though they are physically superior to us in every way, the sheer volatile nature of space would kill them just as easily as us. Even with the biomask creating a pressure seal around their face and by extension their lungs, they would get horribly burned by whatever star is near by. Or freeze in the lack of light.

There's also radiation but I'm not sure how resistant they are to all the different types.

Either way, point still stands. They wouldn't do much better than us being unprotected in space.

SuperiorIronman

I feel like there's untapped potential here for a gremlin type of situation where an astronaut (OWLF or Stargazer) looks out a window and there that mother f**ker is.

Otherwise I think there was a short story how one didn't last too long in space. So without its equipment its bound to die like everything else.

SiL

Deadliest of the Species says they're vulnerable to the void.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2022, 02:59:53 AMDeadliest of the Species says they're vulnerable to the void.

Deadliest of the Species says a lot of things.

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 26, 2022, 08:17:58 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2022, 02:59:53 AMDeadliest of the Species says they're vulnerable to the void.

Deadliest of the Species says a lot of things.
It certainly does

Spoiler
Where did the vomit emoji go
[close]

Local Trouble

SM never explained DotS to me... :'(

[cancerblack]

"It stinks"

Local Trouble

Impossible.  I've been told by X-Men fans for decades that Chris Claremont is a genius.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed