AVPR Commentary Spoilers

Started by Alien Genesis, Apr 12, 2008, 12:13:16 PM

Author
AVPR Commentary Spoilers (Read 6,090 times)

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 13, 2008, 04:36:19 PM
That's true. They don't. But with good intentions and perseverance comes great motivation, and a yearning to learn more in this specific field. Ergo, they have potential.

And yet none of their "if only we had the money" remarks on the DVD are things that would have improved the film.   More money for AvP3, and you're just gonna get a more expensive film of the same  questionable entertainment quality.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotequestionable entertainment quality.
You can question alot of stuff on this movie, but the entertainment value is A+. No doubt.

I have to be in the right mood to watch Predator or Alien, but the two AvP flicks i can watch day and night.

SolarFlare

SolarFlare

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Apr 16, 2008, 12:46:43 PM
You can question alot of stuff on this movie, but the entertainment value is A+. No doubt.

I have to be in the right mood to watch Predator or Alien, but the two AvP flicks i can watch day and night.

I'd agree with you somewhat, although I'm plenty happy to pop in an Alien or Predator flick most anytime, rather than waiting for the "mood". I'm not a huge fan of the first AvP movie, but the last one, I loved. I watched it last night, and I'm probably going to watch it again tonight, after work (because I haven't seen it with the commentary track yet).

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

By the very fact that I didn't like it and you did deems it "questionable" beyond anything you can say to refute it.  Just how the English language works.

...same as if I had said, "AvPR is debatably the worst film in the entire franchise."

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

You sure sound like a short attention-spanned kinda guy, Johnny... ;D

About the BS commentaries regarding the 'bellybursters' and the fans, they just bury themselves further and further the more they open their incompetent, self-apologetic, Predator fanboyish mouths... They should shut their yaps and go back to direct music videoclips and spare us from any more POS movies done by them... Talentless hacks...  ::) >:(

So, despite the common knowledge that the digestive system has nothing to do nor is in any way linked to the reproductive one (I guess they skipped all those Biology classes...), merely chewing the stomach to get to the ovaries ( :D :o :D) would result on the immediate death of the woman...despite all that, the BS still think they should make a fool of themselves and say that out loud...
Also, if any doubt remained, the amount of garbage spewed by the BS and Davis is enough to make a comedy out of it...the 'Three Stooges' + Salerno, who was 'Forbidden' to show up... Blessed Writer's Strike...! ;)  ;D Even though I think it would be the cherry on top to listen to him making a complete arse of himself, as the BS did... loudly and clearly... Maybe he'll end up on one of the other twenty versions of this DVD to follow... ;D :D

That is why I never listen to audio commentaries for movies I despise... They just further enrage me, and it is useless... their 'money's safe' and even though the BS may end up out of the next installment, FOX will still  be IN with their 'lowliest of low budgets and constant creative interference' policies, but nobody can't say we can't have a good laugh, especially UNINTENDED ones...They are the best ones IMO...  ;D :D

Aeus

Aeus

SMILIE 'SPLOSION!!!

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Apr 18, 2008, 02:55:53 PMSo, despite the common knowledge that the digestive system has nothing to do nor is in any way linked to the reproductive one (I guess they skipped all those Biology classes...), merely chewing the stomach to get to the ovaries ( :D :o :D) would result on the immediate death of the woman...despite all that, the BS still think they should make a fool of themselves and say that out loud...

Are you bitching because the buzz term is "Bellyburster?" :-\

Would you rather they be more specific and use the buzz term "uterusburster?"

Because, ya know, that sounds so much better and people would LOVE to force that out of their mouths daily on set and behind the scenes.

Right? Right? Wrong.

Jesus wept.

I'll listen to this. To me, DVD commentaries are more interesting when the filmmakers have less to work with. You get more of a feel for the process when they have to talk about the difficulties faced.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

You can watch AVp 1 any time of the week/day?  I can only do that with Predator 1 and 2 and AVP2.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Apr 24, 2008, 11:39:31 AM

You can watch AVp 1 any time of the week/day?  I can only do that with Predator 1 and 2 and AVP2.
Well done.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Craig on Apr 24, 2008, 01:30:34 PM
Quote from: Chocolate man! on Apr 24, 2008, 11:39:31 AM

Well done.

Why thank you.  oh, and this is just one of those things that I need to ask, did anyone keep a tally of how many times John Davis said 'exactly' in the commentary?  He must have said it at least ten times!

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I've always had respect for the Bros. I think they did a Dang good job. The movie wasnt terrible at all. I blame Fox for the crappyness of the movie.

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThat is why I never listen to audio commentaries for movies I despise... They just further enrage me,

The audio commentary is probably the only reason to get this movie for me.  I can totally picture me and some friends listening to it, knocking back some beers and going through a mixture of emotions.  One minute we'll be laughing our arses off, the next minute we'll be spitting with nerd rage.  It sounds like the commentary will give us hours of entertainment/grief.

SiL

SiL

My dad listened to the commentary for the second half of the movie.

His assessment: It sounds like they gave two kids a camera and told them to have fun.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: SiL on Apr 25, 2008, 01:29:27 AM
His assessment: It sounds like they gave two kids a camera and told them to have fun.

And the sad thing is he wasn't far off.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Its Game Time on Apr 24, 2008, 09:36:48 PM
I've always had respect for the Bros. I think they did a Dang good job. The movie wasnt terrible at all. I blame Fox for the crappyness of the movie.

So which is it?  You Said "movie wasn't terrible at all" and "crapiness of the movie" all in one breath.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed