Space battle in an Alien/Predator installment?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Mar 29, 2023, 02:27:22 PM

Would you welcome a space battle in an Alien/Predator installment?

Yes!
10 (55.6%)
Hell no!
5 (27.8%)
For a TV series
0 (0%)
For a movie
0 (0%)
Just in EU
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Author
Space battle in an Alien/Predator installment? (Read 2,467 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I mean something more like in The Expanse. So I raise the question 😅

Would you welcome a space battle in an Alien/Predator installment?

PAS Spinelli

We had one in The Predator, it was lame

Cosmic Incubation

Maybe not an exact space battle per se, but I always liked the part in the opening cutscene for the marine campaign in AVP 2010, where a Predator ship shows up out of nowhere and instantly decimates an entire marine ship.

Has a real sense of dread and powerlessness against an advanced alien species.

Would be kinda cool to see something like this in a movie at some point.

Just don't want anything like that lame opening scene of The Predator please

Wweyland

Yeah why not, but it makes sense to keep the scale down for the budget.

Corporal Hicks

I would very much love to see a proper space battle in the Alien or Predator franchise. What we saw in The Predator was very underwhelming and short, but I'd always imagined a Halo-esque type space combat. Or something more naval with broadsiding and etc.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The EPIC space battle that the Derelict ship was in.

Corporal Hicks

That is not how to do it lol

Stitch

I don't think I'd want to see it. It worked in the Expanse, but that was more of a political thriller with warring factions.

Part of what I like about Alien is that it is alien. It's not human vs human (or human stand in).

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'd rather see a realistic space battle in which the opposing sides fire weapons at one another well outside of each others' visual range.  And whoever fires first in such an engagement would likely win.

Please don't Star Warsify the Alienverse any more than AR did.

SiL

Outside of setting up the plot I can't see it fitting with the series.

xenotaris

I would like some political intrigue between the colonies in the ALIENverse. We hardly know anything of the human colonized space beyond LV-426 and Earth. So maybe they adapt some of the Alien RPG and give us the UPP, perhaps some brief space conflicts could freshen up the Alien brand. I'm not saying go full space opera like Star Wars, I would rather a more local or brief skirmish like Star Trek.

Corporal Hicks

I think they need to be dirty slug fests like the naval of old. Or it's like Lost Fleet where the engagement is so fast, it's imperceptible to human eyes (which wouldn't make for a good visual treat), but they're the only ones I see really feeling like they belong in Alien or Predator.

Jonesy Not Expendable

I'm not sure how I feel about a full blown space battle but I'd welcome a Predator/s boarding a colonial marine ship and stalking the crew Alien style.

City Hunter Yautja

Oh I could imagine a giant Derelict shaped Xenomorph being in space, a living ship with a hive on board that attacks Predator ships!

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2023, 11:13:19 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dct01j2DdHI
The EPIC space battle that the Derelict ship was in.
I forget about that 😂 what a terrible game, I'm trying to convince me that never was a game called Aliens Colonial Marines made by Randy "seven or seven and half game" Pitchford

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed