Elder Predator strength?

Started by (Bad Blood), Feb 12, 2023, 09:02:42 AM

Author
Elder Predator strength? (Read 2,798 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone! I was curious, do Elder predators lose or gain strength as they age? I see mixed information on this. Also would Greyback be the most dangerous predator or one of the weakest? Just curious. By my calculations he should be more dangerous than the others considering he survived as long as he has and others are no longer alive that appear on screen and other media, I just wanted other opinions though. Thank you!

SiL

SiL

You're asking two separate questions: strength, and how dangerous he is.

He could absolutely lose strength but still be more dangerous due to skill.

He's a hunter, after all. Getting into fist fights isn't a requirement.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Feb 12, 2023, 12:00:21 PMYou're asking two separate questions: strength, and how dangerous he is.

He could absolutely lose strength but still be more dangerous due to skill.

He's a hunter, after all. Getting into fist fights isn't a requirement.
Good point. I definitely should have typed out my question better. Makes sense, I just was not sure due to reading that Yautja do not lose physical strength as they age on I think Xenopedia. That could be incorrect information though so I was checking on here and I should have stated as well a second question of is he more dangerous than younger preds. Thank you for answering.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Like SiL has mentioned, Greyback would be one of the more dangerous predators.  I'm thinking Greyback would be similar to Ahab, who was also an elder.  He was very active, despite being an older predator.

Wweyland

Wweyland

He would lose strength as his body gets older.
But his experience and reflexes would make for that.
I think this is touched upon (or hinted at) in Predator: Homeworld.

Any thoughts about Greyback being Kalakta from the Rage War?

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 16, 2023, 11:45:47 PMHe would lose strength as his body gets older.
But his experience and reflexes would make for that.
I think this is touched upon (or hinted at) in Predator: Homeworld.

Any thoughts about Greyback being Kalakta from the Rage War?
What's interesting is for some reason on several sights when you Google "Do Yautja lose strength as they age" it states that they actually increase in strength, as mentioned on Xenopedia and AVP websites, not sure where this idea spawned from but here is what it states: "Ancients are known to be called upon to correct grave atrocities commited against the Yautja race. The existence of a Predalien Queen and her hive prompted the Council of Ancients to dispatch a sacrificial associate, an Ancient Nuke Carrier, to destroy the Queen and brood, as it was seen as an afront to the predator species and as destroying the species' integrity. This individual moved with the lightning speed of a much younger hunter, particularly those of Brawler rank. However, unlike those Yautja, the Nuke Carrier's onslaught was debilitating enough to cause even heavily-armored and exceedingly dangerous strains of Xenomorph to flinch, such as Predaliens and Praetorians. It's strike was powerful enough to completely stun a Xenomorph with one hit. This would suggest that age does not weaken a Yautja with time and may even make them stronger." As for Kalakta I personally am not sure, I tend to believe it is a different elder but that's my best guess.

oduodu

oduodu

maybe the preds can rejuvanate or transfigure into a new body so they can circumnavigate the age issue. i am sure they can manipulate dna if they wanted to. the question is why wouldn't they want to.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Strength is usually relative to muscle size, however, these elder Predators are very lean.
Of course, they are Aliens, so they might have some kind of special gland that pumps some magic substance into their system to make them stronger.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Wweyland on Feb 25, 2023, 12:05:44 AMStrength is usually relative to muscle size, however, these elder Predators are very lean.
Of course, they are Aliens, so they might have some kind of special gland that pumps some magic substance into their system to make them stronger.
True, but basically every Predator from the original films was lean by comparison to later films. Just aesthetic difference, they were obviously extremely strong in the original films despite this.

Master

Master

Elder is not strong, nor agile, as such is the curse of old. His authority comes from respect and history of his past deeds (and the fact he survived them - Predators does not strike me as creatures that regularly lives up to old age).

Strong and agile are squad leaders ( like Celtic or BSP) who are both respected and efficient.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Master on Mar 16, 2023, 04:48:09 PMElder is not strong, nor agile, as such is the curse of old. His authority comes from respect and history of his past deeds (and the fact he survived them - Predators does not strike me as creatures that regularly lives up to old age).

Strong and agile are squad leaders ( like Celtic or BSP) who are both respected and efficient.
Tell that to Ahab lol. Just kidding, though Ahab might be an elder but not positive. If he was, he is agile and strong, even taking down other clan leaders and Xenomorphs and almost single handedly taking down an Engineer. Though I agree that even younger clan leaders and squad leaders would be stronger and faster, like Celtic, Bad Blood, Berserker and Broken Tusk etc. In my opinion, I don't think they are comparable to humans as they reach old age, they are still very active and able to easily overpower thier enemies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed