AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie

Started by War Wager, Apr 22, 2008, 04:29:38 PM

Which is your least fave movie of the whole franchise?

Predator
6 (1%)
Predator 2
15 (2.6%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
51 (8.8%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
270 (46.6%)
Alien
9 (1.6%)
Aliens
7 (1.2%)
Alien³
37 (6.4%)
Alien Resurrection
101 (17.4%)
Predators
12 (2.1%)
Prometheus
25 (4.3%)
Alien Covenant
12 (2.1%)
The Predator
34 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 559

Author
AvPGalaxy's Least Favourite Movie (Read 232,177 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Oct 05, 2022, 08:08:34 PMAlien should absolutely be included, many people find it painfully slow and boring.
Indeed. It's a slow burner and that kind of pacing usually doesn't fare well with modern audiences.

SiL

SiL

We have consensus, Predator is objectively the least hateable movie.

Local Trouble

Quote from: choccy milk on Oct 05, 2022, 09:34:41 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 05, 2022, 08:08:34 PMAlien should absolutely be included, many people find it painfully slow and boring.
Indeed. It's a slow burner and that kind of pacing usually doesn't fare well with modern audiences.

Modern audiences can get the hell off my lawn! >:(

SiL

SiL

It's my favourite movie of all time and I love it dearly but good God the establishing shot of the infirmary before Ripley confronts Ash and the lead up to Brett's death drag.

Local Trouble

Will AvP3 have none of that?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Local Trouble on Oct 05, 2022, 09:45:21 PMWill AvP3 have none of that?

Sil's a big fan of those Resurrection zooms.

You know what else it will  have?

The Skull.

Local Trouble

No! >:(

SiL

SiL

I'ma huge fan of Alien's 70s zooms. Plenty of that.

Local Trouble

Do you already have it all figured out?

Kradan

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Oct 06, 2022, 02:07:26 AMI'ma huge fan of Alien's 70s zooms. Plenty of that.

I don't think I can remember any. Could you give an example ?

SiL

SiL

The derelict and Nostromo (while on the planet) get a few, as well as the self destruct device at the end.

BlueMarsalis79

I really love the zoom in on Newt's scream in the Special Edition of Aliens.

[cancerblack]

Same

Neila

Neila

I'm definitely not going to pick a fight, but I just wanted to clarify... You would rank even the weakest Alien entry above the original Predator? Predator 2?

yes, like i said. (and hey...its just my opinion)
i like the first two pred movies very well and iam a collector of creature model kits and i have tons of pred kits too.
but alien have something more, its more special, its the first serious creature in an sci fi horror movie. if you take a closer look, you will see that the first predator is an offspring of the second movie aliens. predator is inspired by the alien franchise...thats a fact.
even the cloaking is inspired by the first alien novel from a.d. foster
predator is for the most fans the better design, the better creature, what ever...over the years it becomes kinda super heroe for them... but not for me.
the predator films are made a bit simpler and are also intended for, shall we say, simpler people. just because the crew in covenant isn't very smart doesn't mean the whole movie is stupid. on the contrary, the story in covenant is actually very intelligent, but not everyone has to understand or like that.

the alien movies are much more demanding in my opinion....yes even the worst of them.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed