AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie

Started by Its Game Time, Apr 11, 2007, 12:57:17 AM

Whats your fave movie out of the whole franchise?

Predator
164 (19.3%)
Predator 2
45 (5.3%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
29 (3.4%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
25 (2.9%)
Alien
203 (23.9%)
Aliens
305 (35.9%)
Alien³
51 (6%)
Alien Resurrection
8 (0.9%)
Predators
12 (1.4%)
Prometheus
2 (0.2%)
Alien: Covenant
4 (0.5%)
The Predator
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 793

Author
AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie (Read 181,970 times)

Cosmic Incubation

My ranking right now is:

Alien
Aliens
Predator
Predator 2
Alien3
Prey
Prometheus
AVP
Predators
Covenant
Resurrection
AVPR

[Literally anything else]
The Predator

There's things that I love in just about every film. The only one I truly despise and can't stand is Shane Black's The Predator.
I haven't watched Covenant in a while but I have a feeling it might climb a rank or two with this viewing. Seeing some people in these threads wax poetic about the film has kinda brought me a new appreciation for it haha ;D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Alien was lightning in a bottle -- the team hit so many notes right, managing to make a timeless film (if you can forgive some dated editing). After so many years, my opinion hasn't really shifted.

Other than that, the films I go back to the most are Aliens, Alien: Resurrection, Predator, Predator 2... sometimes AvP.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huntsman on Aug 15, 2022, 10:29:33 AMIf I had to have just three movies and the rest had to be deleted forever, I'd keep Alien, Aliens and Predator.

Ooh, that's tough. I'm honestly really torn as to whether I'd keep the first three Alien movies at the expense of Predator.

xenotaris

xenotaris

ALIENS
ALIEN
PREDATOR
PREDATOR 2
PROMETHEUS
ALIEN COVENANT
ALIEN3
PREDATORS
AVPR
[RESVERED FOR FUTURE MOVIES]
ALIEN RESURRECTION
THE PREDATOR
AVP 04
----------------
I have not seen PREY yet so I am reserving judgement, although I don't like the look of the Feral Predator

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still really hate the unmasked appearance, but with the mask on he's one of my favourite looking Predators. The movie is fantastic though, you should definitely give it a watch!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: xenotaris on May 18, 2023, 03:57:56 AMI have not seen PREY yet so I am reserving judgement, although I don't like the look of the Feral Predator

You absolutely need to watch Prey. And I want to be mad at you for rating Aliens above Alien, but you also rate Predator 2 and Prometheus higher than most people do so I'll allow it.

SiL

SiL

Prey is a middling as most Predator movies, but it's better than The Predator at least.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's at absolute worst, a good movie in a franchise that otherwise has two greats, and between two and four mediocre to bad ones, depending on how you reckon things. It's worth a watch if you sat through the rest.

SiL

SiL

It's as good a film as P2 but without the entertainment value.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I think the cheese and spectacle of P2 ratchets it up a notch higher than it otherwise deserves, but I've yet to encounter anyone outside these forums or chud youtube comments who was not fully entertained by Prey.

SiL

SiL

I've met all of two other people who watched it. One liked it, one didn't.

xenotaris

xenotaris

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 18, 2023, 11:43:58 AMI think the cheese and spectacle of P2 ratchets it up a notch higher than it otherwise deserves, but I've yet to encounter anyone outside these forums or chud youtube comments who was not fully entertained by Prey.

Well Alien and Aliens are actually neck and neck to me but I love how Aliens did their world building and my favorite xenomorph type is from that movie.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2023, 11:47:55 AMI've met all of two other people who watched it. One liked it, one didn't.

I've met five, two liked it, one really liked it, and two absolutely loved it because they viewed it as the director originally hoped for, and were totally taken by surprise when it turned into a Predator film.

Quote from: xenotaris on May 18, 2023, 11:50:12 AMWell Alien and Aliens are actually neck and neck to me but I love how Aliens did their world building and my favorite xenomorph type is from that movie.

I really like the aesthetics and world-building of Aliens too.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 18, 2023, 11:54:12 AMI've met five, two liked it, one really liked it, and two absolutely loved it because they viewed it as the director originally hoped for, and were totally taken by surprise when it turned into a Predator film.
Given the Predator font shows up in the first five minutes, how long did it take them to clue in?

QuoteI really like the aesthetics and world-building of Aliens too.
When most people think world building in that movie they mean colonies and marines, but for me it's the inquisition scene that actually builds a functioning universe.

Anyone else?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2023, 12:46:35 PMWhen most people think world building in that movie they mean colonies and marines, but for me it's the inquisition scene that actually builds a functioning universe.

Anyone else?

That, plus the general aesthetics and how run down gateway is. Everything's cheap and a bit crappy, even the supposedly expensive things. And even WY and the military are beholden to bored middle managers from other organizations.

Quote from: SiL on May 18, 2023, 12:46:35 PMGiven the Predator font shows up in the first five minutes, how long did it take them to clue in?

Total casuals, it took them longer than that to put it together but they agreed it was worth it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed