[Grain Of Salt] Aliens/3/Resurrection 4K Remasters Inbound

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2021, 08:41:07 PM

Author
[Grain Of Salt] Aliens/3/Resurrection 4K Remasters Inbound (Read 32,415 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

EXCLUSIVE: Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are being remastered in 4K for 4K Blu-ray and Disney+ release

QuoteNow that Disney+ has launched 'Star' - their adult section on the streaming network, a few films are conspicuous in their absence. Three of them, we have been exclusively told, are currently undergoing a 4K remaster ahead of their debut on the service alongside a 4K Blu-ray release of each of the films.

Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection are the only films in the Alien series not to have 4K editions available but this is set to change with the plan being to release them on Disney+/Star initially with a subsequent 4K Alien Collection heading to 4K Blu-ray some time in 2022.

We are trying to clarify what we can expect in terms of the versions of the films included in the set - both Aliens and Alien 3 have highly regarded director's cuts on other formats, so we hope they'll make it to 4K in some way too. We also expect the 4K Blu-ray releases to include new features and footage that has previously not been made available. We're trying to confirm more on this right now.

I'm not familiar with the outlet so I don't know how reliable this is.

Voodoo Magic

Would be so awesome if true... but just trying to wrap my head around why they would pull back from streaming it in the UK but not in other countries. 🤔

Also, would this would mean JC finally approved the Aliens 4K master?

And finally, I assume the DC stuff will just be upscaled again, if included.

We'll see...!

BlueMarsalis79

Crossing my fingers intensely for Alien³ finally getting the treatment (I believe) it deserves, oh and of course seeing Aliens, and Alien Resurrection in 4K HDR will also be a immense treat.

[cancerblack]

Gimmie that 4K Khondji

SiL

All the films are available in Australia airway, but wouldn't say no to getting the 4k for all of them. Alien looks great streaming.

Nightmare Asylum

BlueMarsalis79

I'd actually kill though

Nukiemorph

Wouldn't be too surprised if this was true... but I'll be very surprised if they give the 4K effort to the assembly cut.

BlueMarsalis79

Best of both worlds please and thank you.

Voodoo Magic

If I am recollecting correctly, they only upscaled the Alien 1979 DC content to 4K, and then used seemless branching to insert where necessary within the new 4k transfer theatrical cut. So I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with the AC for Alien3.

Nukiemorph

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It gets complicated when you have alternate versions of scenes. Even the Alien 4K HDR "DC" accidentally omitted the starfields from the actual DC on the 2010 Blu-ray for instance. I just honestly don't know if that will work for the Aliens and Alien³ Special Editions.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 24, 2021, 04:55:40 AM
It gets complicated when you have alternate versions of scenes. Even the Alien 4K HDR "DC" accidentally omitted the starfields from the actual DC on the 2010 Blu-ray for instance. I just honestly don't know if that will work for the Aliens and Alien³ Special Editions.

Ah, true, all good points.

SiL

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 24, 2021, 04:55:40 AM
The original Quadrilogy release of the A3 SE was done with branching in some regions, and the only problem it caused was Murphy saying "Spike?" before the acid spit.

Considering branching is intended to save space and memory, it makes sense they'd just use the TE star field shots of the Nostromo flybys rather than branch an otherwise identical shot. It's no big loss.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/vashikoo/status/1363807202843107331

So this guy is apparently where the website got their exclusive? Not sure if its official work or not?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed