'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer

Started by Space Sweeper, Aug 06, 2012, 07:07:23 AM

Author
'Xenos vs. Marines' Trailer (Read 56,641 times)

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

The "were makin a sequel to Aliens... AS A GAME!!!!!" in literally every interview is what put me off.

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 08, 2012, 01:44:01 PM
Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 08, 2012, 12:18:59 PM
Shouldn't it sound the same from both points of view?
No.

Erm...  ::) Care to elaborate? I'd understand the slight change in pitch as per a standard modern war game, but in most occurences it's valid to say it sounds like a totally different weapon.

Quote from: Sexy PootThe "were makin a sequel to Aliens... AS A GAME!!!!!" in literally every interview is what put me off.

Reluctantly agreed since I'm doing my best to keep a positive attitude. There must be bigger (and more) things to brag about by now rather than the whole 'canonical sequel' thing; especially since that whole concept seems wasted on the vast majority of the fans now considering the setting and events taken place within their game.

acrediblesource

yeah, its puzzling. Since who the hell makes sequels in the same setting(by setting I mean 'set') as the preceeding film?

I suppose they are building the Sophora (but then every game developer builds ship interiors, its not a major effort.They could have re-used assets from previous games as reference/textures etc.)
I mean, every space combat game is set on a ship, thats not big business here. The bulk of the work should be put into programming gameplay and animations. I would be sorrily disappointing if they did not.

Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 08, 2012, 05:35:40 PM
No.

Erm...  ::) Care to elaborate? I'd understand the slight change in pitch as per a standard modern war game, but in most occurences it's valid to say it sounds like a totally different weapon.

Quote from: Sexy PootThe "were makin a sequel to Aliens... AS A GAME!!!!!" in literally every interview is what put me off.

Reluctantly agreed since I'm doing my best to keep a positive attitude. There must be bigger (and more) things to brag about by now rather than the whole 'canonical sequel' thing; especially since that whole concept seems wasted on the vast majority of the fans now considering the setting and events taken place within their game.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 08, 2012, 09:30:36 PM
yeah, its puzzling. Since who the hell makes sequels in the same setting(by setting I mean 'set') as the preceeding film?

I suppose they are building the Sophora (but then every game developer builds ship interiors, its not a major effort.They could have re-used assets from previous games as reference/textures etc.)
I mean, every space combat game is set on a ship, thats not big business here. The bulk of the work should be put into programming gameplay and animations. I would be sorrily disappointing if they did not.

Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 08, 2012, 05:35:40 PM
No.

They have mentioned that we will be seeing areas of LV-426 that were never seen in the previous films. My guess is they're talking about the WY facility, but who knows what else they might show.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Predator Pyramid Underground, lulz.

Pitchford: "Why was the Space Jockey heading to this planet? They never said that in the films, so what we're saying, and this is canon by the way, is that the Space Jockey was transporting Xenomorph eggs to the Predator Pyramid that is underground on LV-426!"

acrediblesource

Predator my ass. They don't exist in this beeyoch.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 08, 2012, 09:46:30 PM
Predator Pyramid Underground, lulz.

Pitchford: "Why was the Space Jockey heading to this planet? They never said that in the films, so what we're saying, and this is canon by the way, is that the Space Jockey was transporting Xenomorph eggs to the Predator Pyramid that is underground on LV-426!"

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I sure hope not, you know how crazy that Pitchford can be.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

You forgot to mention you just made that up!  ::)
Quote from: ShadowPred on Aug 09, 2012, 12:35:56 AM

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I thought that would be obvious...but yes.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take my Pitchford jokes as fact, unless of course there is truth to them.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Still not impressed by the sound effects and the red blip on the motion tracker. So it looks like i'm still going to be getting the pc version

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Guts on Aug 09, 2012, 01:20:23 AM
Still not impressed by the sound effects and the red blip on the motion tracker. So it looks like i'm still going to be getting the pc version

why would you even consider getting it for console?

SM

SM

What's the difference?

chupacabras acheronsis

bad controls(for a fast paced shooter), bad FOV, worse graphics, no mods, no patches, worse online community, servers with finite lifespan.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Already a disaster to begin with anyway.

SM

SM

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 09, 2012, 01:58:36 AM
bad controls(for a fast paced shooter), bad FOV, worse graphics, no mods, no patches, worse online community, servers with finite lifespan.

Ah.  That sounds like it would cover it then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed