Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 09, 2011, 07:01:56 PM

Author
Exclusive: More Jockey Images from Prometheus (Read 80,295 times)

T Dog

Quote from: harlock on Dec 15, 2011, 06:56:25 PM
I mention the terraforming because Ridley said that the film deals with terraformers and Engineers in space.

The waterfall seen from Norway also hints at a more barren Earth with water springing throughout it when we see "the start of time". You could argue this is the point when life started on Earth rather than the upspring of Homo Sapiens.

Then you have to wonder why Jockeys are terraforming a planet. They cant just be doing it for shiz and giggles. Think how Lovecraftian it is to have a Jockey terraform the planet for themselves (then something happens that they get stuck somewhere in space while waiting for the results) only for us to come along and awaken them, a by-product of the initial terraforming.

Thats where I see the desperate battle for humanity's survival coming in, because now the Engineer is free and knows his planet is habitable for himself. A little genetic cleansing and he can move in...

Plus I feel the big theories Ridley mentions can be dealt with from this plotline.

But wouldn't that mean they'd have to somehow end up a billion years in the past for that to work?

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 15, 2011, 10:47:35 PMBut wouldn't that mean they'd have to somehow end up a billion years in the past for that to work?

It's possible. If they are in the planet terraforming business then they are used to long lead times. ;)

-Chris

ThisBethesdaSea

Just a hunch....in the leaked trailer it looks like what's firing down on the crew aren't rockets or bombs but whatever is in those urns?

psychonaut25

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 15, 2011, 11:10:20 PM
Just a hunch....in the leaked trailer it looks like what's firing down on the crew aren't rockets or bombs but whatever is in those urns?

And I have another question, why is there so much firing between crew of the ship and (maybe) Jockeys????

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Dec 15, 2011, 11:10:20 PMJust a hunch....in the leaked trailer it looks like what's firing down on the crew aren't rockets or bombs but whatever is in those urns?

Maybe they are not firing at the crew at all, the crew are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. This could be terraforming in action; a giant machine rolling across a planet's surface and firing down urns or 'seeds'.

-Chris

psychonaut25

Doesn't look like "wrong time, wrong place" to me at all...The crew members are holding guns in one scene..

ChrisPachi

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 15, 2011, 11:16:19 PMDoesn't look like "wrong time, wrong place" to me at all...The crew members are holding guns in one scene..

I just meant on that one sequence, of the astronaut running away from the big scary thing that is shooting out 'stuff'. In regards to the guns, if you look at how they are behaving it looks like a 'hands up, nobody move' kind of action, not a 'shoot the shit out of the alien monster' type action. I think these guys are the mercenaries that are listed in the cast and there is a human against human conflict as well.

-Chris

psychonaut25

I'm not expecting Aliens type action movie at all from Prometheus, but Ridley Scott can make briliant action scenes too (Black Hawk Down)...I'm sure we will get our "action" dose in Prometheus too... ;)

Xenomorphine

Consensus of opinion was that it's more likely just random debris raining down from the crashing ship.

Many assumed it was an Engineer ship, but it could just as easily have been a human craft.

psychonaut25

As this thread progressed, I think we NEED the official trailer....With this leaked trailer it's like with UFO's...We have better and better HD cameras and phones that are HD recording capable,but when something interesting shows up, people have only the shittiest old phones around... :-[

ThisBethesdaSea

I still say that leaked trailer was Fox's doing.

Kol

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 15, 2011, 11:25:33 PM

Consensus of opinion was that it's more likely just random debris raining down from the crashing ship.

Many assumed it was an Engineer ship, but it could just as easily have been a human craft.

i think that, too. for me the ship don't looks anyhow like the derelict kind. except for the short cut shown at the end of the trailer.

psychonaut25

Fox is so powerfull so they CAN prevent and stop leaks of set photos and trailers...This whole movie is soo secret about any detail. Something I haven't seen very long time...

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 15, 2011, 11:25:33 PM
It could be two completely different moments that are shown in the trailer. Firstly it shows the derelict, then people running from an massive encroaching shadow, then a shot shows that they are running from something that could be the derelict, and then the shot in question looks like something else altogether.

Spoiler
[close]

The object in the last frame doesn't seem to fit with the object shown in the proceeding two.

EDIT: There actually are some similarities

Spoiler
[close]

-Chris

AndroidDavid

Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 15, 2011, 11:43:25 PM
Fox is so powerfull so they CAN prevent and stop leaks of set photos and trailers...This whole movie is soo secret about any detail. Something I haven't seen very long time...
I agree. Dark Knight Rises is I think more highly anticpated, yet lotss and lots of pictures have surfaced. it only makes people want to know more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed