Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 03, 2015, 06:24:49 PM

Author
Cancelled 20th Century Fox World Parks – Malaysia & Dubai (Read 49,699 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fox have now announced that in addition to their 20th Century Fox World theme park and resort being constructed in Malaysia, they will also be building another park in Dubai.

"Add Fox to the growing list of Hollywood studios that see expanding opportunities in theme parks, especially overseas. It announced this morning plans to introduce a park and resort — 20th Century Fox World, Dubai — in 2018 as part of a deal with Al Ahli Holding Group.

Attractions will be based on Fox properties including Ice Age, Rio, Planet Of The Apes, Aliens, Predator, Night At The Museum, Titanic, The Simpsons, and Sons Of Anarchy.

This will be the studio's second theme park; one in Malaysia is now scheduled to open in 2017. But Dubai will have the first Fox-branded resort. The arrangement with Al Ahli provides for up to three additional Fox-branded resorts outside Dubai."

Specific details of the rides are unknown but is has been reported on numerous occasions that Alien/vs/Predator themed attractions will be there. A sneak preview for the Genting, Malaysia park even shows a massive Derelict ship. The opening of the Malaysian park is currently scheduled for 2017, a delay from the of 2016 as previously announced. The Dubai resort is due to be opened in 2018.

What do you guys think? Are you planning on going to 20th Century Fox World? Thanks to Willie Goldman of Aliens Collection for letting us know.

THE CITY HUNTER

Why  Dubai and Malaysia?

Corporal Hicks

Money, I assume. Perhaps they got a better deal to construct over there.

RakaiThwei

Haven't we known about this for a few years now? I mean we've seen the concept art for the theme park before. I've seen it on a thread somewhere on the forum.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We've known about Malaysia park for a while, the Dubai one is a new announcement. It's all in the original post, Rakai.  :) And I don't think we ever front paged the original to be fair so it was a nice opportunity to get both out.

RakaiThwei

Well, I wonder how their Alien-Predator world will be like.. I mean with the Prometheus movies influencing things, will we see Engineers now walking around, alongside with Predators and Aliens?

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure we will - especially if it's all themed around the Derelict. I have no idea how they'll do a ride though. I'm not a massive (at all) theme park fan so I'm not really up on how they achieve theme outside of decoration.

RakaiThwei

Only way to find out is if some of us happen to either be living in either Malaysia or Dubai. Or traveling there.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure we'll see reports and etc.  :) If it's not too much I'd like to try and visit, if only for the massive Derelict!

Samus007

Florida needs this.  :)  (I'm just saying that cause I want it close to home and Florida loves theme parks  ;D ). C'mon Fox, you know you want to!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, Paramount London which is in development and now Fox, all these studios are following the trend of investing in amusement parks as a source of profit. Wonder how long until Warner Bros and Sony jump on this band wagon. The question is will these non Disney World/Universal Studios theme parks be successful enough by simply relying on the brand recognition of their franchises?

RakaiThwei

Warner Brothers already has a theme park, somewhere in Australia I think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros._Movie_World

Corporal Hicks

We have a Harry Potter experience thing in the UK too.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Ah, Haven't heard of it probably because of it being only in Australia. Wondered why Universal Studios has The Wizarding World of Harry Potter if its a Warner's property. Its probably a licensing deal.

Speaking of which James Cameron's Avatar is set to have its own theme park at Disney World, I recon its another licensing matter because its a Fox property. Fox must really be furious that they no longer have shared distribution ownership of the Star Wars franchise with Lucas Film which now belongs to Disney. Supposedly Fox has sole owner ship of the original 1977 film until 2020. Damn it must be a blow for Fox because Star Wars was one of their biggest properties, heck one of their currently successful franchises the X-Men film series is a Marvel property (owned by Disney) and are stuck in a continuous contractual obligation of producing an X-Men movie every few years so the Rights do not revert back to Marvel=Disney. Damn Disney's eliminating the competition by consuming it.  :o Anyway here's looking forward to how they'll represent Aliens and Predator attractions at their park.

FiorinaFury161

Wonder if there will be a Leftorium and Monorail ride...  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed