Aliens: Dark Descent Gameplay Release Date Trailer!

Started by Darkness, Mar 21, 2023, 02:51:32 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent Gameplay Release Date Trailer! (Read 5,092 times)

Darkness

The upcoming tactical Aliens game Aliens: Dark Descent will be coming to consoles and PC on June 20, 2023! IGN have posted the Release Date Trailer with lots of new gameplay footage. The gameplay trailer starts showing a CG sequence showing the U.S.S. Otago and the Colonial Marines exploring the planet, Lethe.

The trailer then takes us to actual gameplay footage and shows us how we’ll be able to control our Marines in Aliens: Dark Descent. The footage shows off how we can customize our squad in the various environments on Planet Lethe, as we try to stop the Xenomorphs from overrunning the planet.

Developed by the French studio Tindalos Interactive and published by Focus Entertainment, Aliens Dark Descent is only a few months away from release. The squad-based tactical Aliens game will be released June 20, 2023 on PS4, PS5, X-Box One, X-Box Series S/X and PC.

Make sure to keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest intel on Aliens: Dark Descent! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Still Collating...

Wasn't expecting this so soon, what a surprise I must say! Since I've been feeling nostalgic for AvPE, this couldn't have come at a better time. It's exactly what I've imagined and what I want. Superb! The atmosphere seems to finally bring back some of that fear and tension that Aliens based shooters lacked since AVP 2010 when we last felt fear as a marine in the dark.

Actual 100 bullet mag for the M41A! Actual under-barrel grenade launcher! See AFE, it's not that hard... :P

This seems like it'll be exactly up my alley. I still can't believe it's coming so soon!

Only con so far, the plasma gun effects are poor. But the flamethrower looks magnificent! Hope there won't be too many human mutant enemies and I hope the story does something interesting with them.

The weather effects and locations look nice.

Mr. Clemens

I thought the wonderful Isolation would be the last Alien game for me, but I'll be getting this one. Love the perma-death angle.

Wweyland

June 2023 already? I hope it doesn't get delayed. Looks great.

Corporal Hicks

I'm very tickled by this dropping barely hours after I posted about the product page update! I'm really liking the looks of it. Only thing I'm not sure about is how the mutants factor into the narrative. Literally everything else I'm really looking forward to.

Cosmic Incubation

Excited to have some more gameplay and details to dissect!
Really looking forward to this.

Hope we get some more details and footage for Alien Day!

GreybackElder

Interesting. This kind of RTS usually isn't my thing but I love the atmosphere and environment. I just might have to pick this up.

xShadowFoxX

Huh. I had a bit of nostalgia hit me. The voice over for this trailer, and look of the game really brought me back to AvP Extinction.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 21, 2023, 10:31:59 PMHuh. I had a bit of nostalgia hit me. The voice over for this trailer, and look of the game really brought me back to AvP Extinction.

Same! The narration style especially.

xShadowFoxX

Well. I'm sold. Yea I'll definitely buy it. Anything that hits me with nostalgia points is cheating but it works.

BlueMarsalis79

Love the look of the blizzard.

Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley

Looks awful like that other recent game.
Why are these games obviously just a Coloinel Marine cluster f#ck
Boring. Trust me loved Avp Extinction
📡

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just watched it through again. I absolutely love the Alien dragging that marine away. The unit perma-death is a very nice additional to an Alien game. I vaguely remember the old Starship Troopers RTS having that as well, but it's not a mechanic I've come across before.

I hadn't been expecting to be playing in a colony - I thought it was all in/around a crashed ship, not sure if I was misremembering something there - but the visuals look great there. Looked nice to see a more developed looking setup, but it still felt very old.

Hoping we see a good variety of weaponry in the customization as it was just the standard loadout shown in the trailer. But all in all, I'm still excited for this one.

Oh, and I've uploaded some new key art to the gallery.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/games/aliens-dark-descent/gallery/promo/

Wweyland

I'm kind of torn on the marines dying thing.
I usually want to take my games slow, save/load often, and try to go for 100% completion.
Here this would be difficult.

Corporal Hicks

It's incentive to play better and replay.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed