Another New Prometheus Image

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 22, 2011, 12:18:03 AM

Author
Another New Prometheus Image (Read 27,706 times)

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Loving those Giger looking sets man 8)

KirklandSignature

Very Gigeresque, I can see what they mean when they say you'll be able to see "strands of DNA" from Alien. My take is that this movie will be in the same vein as "Soldier" was to "Bladerunner".

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Dec 22, 2011, 12:52:27 AM
Quote from: genocyber on Dec 22, 2011, 12:37:40 AM
I been wondering why the head looks so human when we never built it

I think we've pretty much conceded the Jockey is a giant humanoid - Engineer1 has posted evidence of this from the teaser trailers. One of his stills distinctly shows a giant on the finge of the Map Room. It wouldn't surprise me if the giant head is a representation of him.

It was me if you're referring to this?

:)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Dec 22, 2011, 02:33:23 AM
Very Gigeresque, I can see what they mean when they say you'll be able to see "strands of DNA" from Alien. My take is that this movie will be in the same vein as "Soldier" was to "Bladerunner".

Space Jockey inclusion and Weyland, complete with a Weyland-Yutani 'proto-symbol', is a lot more than a passing similarity.

It's the same continuity.

Wobblyboddle77

I think Alien and prometheus will tie in alot more than soldier did to blade runner (didn't Paul W S Anderson direct soldier? lol) but it will be subtleties until the last 8 minutes or so where Scott will hit us with a double whammy which will make us Alien fans think "ahhhh right now this is the DNA scott mentioned it's substantial and i'm happy he took this approach" I don't think Scott will mislead us about prometheus, he's been straight with us and i liked Lindeloffs speech about it preceding the events of Alien and not directly leading into it (though as a writer i don't rate him that much, his previous works have never grabbed my attention, but that's just me being picky lol). It's surprising how much information a picture can give us, and all of you guys are shit hot at picking up on things, and thats why i like coming here atleast a few hours 6 nights a week. I think the defining point for me about prometheus will be what the engineer looks like and how big it is, i think it's going to freak us all out, just it's size. And this massive head? is it just a massive symbol? or is there something inside it the engineer uses? How will the engineer interact with humans? we have heard the word "perverse" being mentioned. Then we have that pic of that mutated looking guy jumping onto a crew member? That pic kind of had me  concerned a bit because my mind is set on a plot way beyond human mutation, kind of a smart sci fi thriller that turns itself on it's head and completely throws the viewer with it's cleverness. I just hope Rothman and his stool pushers, don't butcher this film so it's easier for mainstream audiences to understand. Let's hope this film gets the rating deserves to give it justice.

AlexVelez

AlexVelez

I get more excited about this film with each new detail released. ;D

r888

r888

Release the damn trailer already

nendo

nendo

I think we've pretty much conceded the Jockey is a giant humanoid - Engineer1 has posted evidence of this from the teaser trailers. One of his stills distinctly shows a giant on the finge of the Map Room. It wouldn't surprise me if the giant head is a representation of him.

it not evidence. Its speculation.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: nendo on Dec 22, 2011, 08:21:23 AM

+1

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

I really hope that the race is just some door that adjust to the DNA of the people that come in because if Jocks are just some big dudes this world becomes less Alien with this movie.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2011, 12:18:35 AM

Fantastic image

Disappointing though that the SJ is just a big human and not a distinctively 'alien life-form' as Giger pretty clearly and brilliantly depicted and as Dallas retorted when he first saw it in the 1979 movie. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: JKS1 on Dec 22, 2011, 12:49:53 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 22, 2011, 12:18:35 AM

Fantastic image

Disappointing though that the SJ is just a big human and not a distinctively 'alien life-form' as Giger pretty clearly and brilliantly depicted and as Dallas retorted when he first saw it in the 1979 movie.
Well, we don't know for certain yet. A LOT of conjecture flying around.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 22, 2011, 02:36:49 AM

Nope he was refering to these...

And to the Engineer i spotted...

You have a giant humanoid head (that is the Engineer's face from a report dated april 2011 that talk about the giant sculpture before we even heard about it).
You have a giant seat in front of the starmap console (and a tiny human).
You have Scott saying the SJ is a suit.
You have a blurry but humanoid nonetheless being near the rising chair.
And you have the famous Giger's mural that shows you an alive and kicking Humanoid Engineer.

I guess it's a safe bet that they will be giant humanoids, but hey you wanna play it safe i respect that ;)

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 22, 2011, 01:42:35 PM
Quote from: RoaryUK on Dec 22, 2011, 02:36:49 AM

Nope he was refering to these...

And to the Engineer i spotted...

You have a giant humanoid head (that is the Engineer's face from a report dated april 2011 that talk about the giant sculpture before we even heard about it).
You have a giant seat in front of the starmap console (and a tiny human).
You have Scott saying the SJ is a suit.
You have a blurry but humanoid nonetheless being near the rising chair.
And you have the famous Giger's mural that shows you an alive and kicking Humanoid Engineer.

I guess it's a safe bet that they will be giant humanoids, but hey you wanna play it safe i respect that ;)

Well safe bet or not in your eyes but again Speculation. No one has even commented on what the space jockies look like. If people want to put 1 and 1 together and get 2 then be my guest. but at the end of the day untill the film comes out then every theory someone comes up with in regards to what they look like is pure speculation

Engineer1

Engineer1

Thanks for giving me an occasion to be the annoying troll who will say "told you soooooooooooo" ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed