NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,810 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The feet look really off to me, like that heel portion shouldn't be there.

SiL

SiL

Aaargh, can you stop deleting posts when you want to make changes to them? There's an edit button for a reason :D

I think the heel is there for stability if anything.

The Old One

The Old One

Or, y'know- laziness on NECA's part- wouldn't be the first time.

SiL

SiL

How is sculpting a heel being lazy?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm not sure the figure would be able to stand on its own if they gave it a shorter/non existent heel. Stompy and the Defiance xeno have that issue..maybe they made it thicker so they wouldn't have to issue a stand with each one?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 02:03:14 PM
How is sculpting a heel being lazy?

It's clearly not newly sculpted- it's just using the same foot mold as the AVP Warrior.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 04, 2019, 02:09:28 PM
I'm not sure the figure would be able to stand on its own if they gave it a shorter/non existent heel. Stompy and the Defiance xeno have that issue..maybe they made it thicker so they wouldn't have to issue a stand with each one?

That seems like a fair enough conclusion, but then IMO, they should've made the heel portion in translucent plastic.

I think it's a case of attaching new legs to a figure that wasn't initially weighted for them with the Isolation and Defiance Aliens, as they fall over constantly according to all reports- yet the Covenant Xeno and Neo both have no issues standing up with digitigrade legs.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

The Covenant xeno is such a great figure.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

& I bit the bullet;

Awaiting response.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Liked and commented! Fingers crossed we get this someday (soon).

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

smart choice with complimenting them at the end there  :D

I mean technically if the Pred-Alien were an "Ultimate" figure like Wolf will be they could totally whip up a second head and add it to the box.

The Old One

The Old One

The whole AVP/AVPR PredAlien design is garbage though.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 04, 2019, 09:38:29 PM
smart choice with complimenting them at the end there  :D

I mean technically if the Pred-Alien were an "Ultimate" figure like Wolf will be they could totally whip up a second head and add it to the box.

I'd be surprised if the did that. And the bodies are not identical. Greater chance of it being a separate figure some day. I think down the line they're gonna milk the games and comics until they're dry. Especially if new movies don't come out for a while. If they have the license long enough, they'll do them all. The less factory problems they have, the faster it will come.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

I'm desperate for a predalien figure. But I want good articulation. I would love to see that concept predalien come to life. That would be utterly badass.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Dorman Predalien and Working Joes are my two biggest wants from the expanded universe. At least at this moment. I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of other things.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Feb 05, 2019, 02:21:03 AM
Dorman Predalien and Working Joes are my two biggest wants from the expanded universe. At least at this moment. I'm sure I could come up with a bunch of other things.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Regular Working Joe or EMP Shielded Joe?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed