Prometheus Films in Spain?

Started by ikarop, Aug 20, 2011, 02:37:50 PM

Author
Prometheus Films in Spain? (Read 25,985 times)

ikarop

ikarop

http://informaciones.visibli.com/share/cpjXd4

They are quoting local gov sources, so I assume this to be legit. The article basically mentions:

• Filming will take place at Ciudad de la Luz, a big filming studio in Spain (Alicante).
  • The studio has been booked from August 22th to December 10th.
  • They will start building the sets next week, but filming won't start until the last week of September (when Ridley arrives).
  • Guy Pearce and Fassbender will be doing the scenes for now, Theron may be there too (her presence depends on how some previous scenes turn out).
  • They will be filming the scenes in a huge water tank, also in a local beach.
  • There will be a scene where a huge ship (they say yacht) is caught in a storm.
  • Near 250 people will be involved in the filming process, with a cost over 1 milllion Euros.

Here are some pics of the studio: http://web.ciudaddelaluz.com/ES/conocenos/instalaciones/zona_acuatica_36

QuoteWater Tank
Dimensions: 100x80 m. and 1,2 m. average depth.
Central pit 30x30 m., 4 m. deep.
Flowing rate; 400 m3/h (filling 30 h)
Spill way 100 m south side + 20 m east side.
Backing 120x12 m
Wave system
Extra equipment
office areas, dressing rooms, makeup and toilets

Fixings distributed evenly in the water tank surface.
2 tip-tanks, 8 m (Vol. 2x1.200 l) and 10 m (Vol. 2x2.000 l)
2 water cannons

Vakarian

Vakarian

Hmm, wonder what the story could be with filming on a beach.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Maybe a beginning shot on earth or something

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

maybe the ship strands on an unknown island which is inhabited by a mysterious smoke monster...

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

My god, it looks like an amusement park.

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Aug 20, 2011, 03:19:00 PM
maybe the ship strands on an unknown island which is inhabited by a mysterious smoke monster...

T Dog

T Dog

Remember Ridley said he was researching underwater stuff?

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

"I'm the king of the world!" scene..

Yeah :D

nendo

nendo

maybe the yacht in the storm is how alien artifacts are found?>

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Bleh, I don't want too much of this film taking place on Earth.  I just hope the majority will take place in space, on the Prometheus.  Also, that ship better be a late 21st century ship.  I don't want to see any modern shit in a film like this.

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: JaaayDee on Aug 20, 2011, 05:11:38 PM
Bleh, I don't want too much of this film taking place on Earth.  I just hope the majority will take place in space, on the Prometheus.  Also, that ship better be a late 21st century ship.  I don't want to see any modern shit in a film like this.

i'm shure the majority will take place in space ;)
however there already seem to be a few different settings on earth: the filming in iceland, now the filming in spain, and on IMDB it's hinted that we may also get some kind of flashback to Elizabeth Shaw's childhood.

but yeah i totally agree.
in my opinion they should definitely try to keep everything as realistic as possible.
a too futuristic portrayal would totally not fit this movie. Prometheus is taking place less than a 100 years from now if i'm not mistaken and i wouldn't like to see a hypermodern world as in, let's say, Minority Report or I,Robot.
... btw: the idea that interstellar travel will be possible in such a short timespan from now is quite unlikely to begin with, but yeah whatever.  :-X

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

I just don't understand why they need 4 f**king months to film these 'small' scenes.

ikarop

ikarop

This other source says filming will last for 3 weeks, not 3 months. That's pretty much all they say tho.

http://www.abc.es/20110820/comunidad-valencia/abcp-ridley-scott-recrea-ciudad-20110820.html

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

3 weeks.  Okay.

ikarop

ikarop

That ABC report is pretty vague anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if they got it wrong.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Interesting. Could Riddles have gotten a little extra keesh to film some additional stuff? Was it planned all along?

Oh, the mystery of Prumeefeus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed