Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator?

Started by newbeing, Nov 06, 2017, 07:34:15 PM

Author
Disney in talks to buy Fox. What could this mean for Alien and Predator? (Read 176,591 times)

Huggs

I'm not saying people mean to make bad films on purpose, but after seeing movies like Independence Day 2 or Fallen Kingdom, I just believe it's entirely possible that sometimes they sincerely don't give a sh*t if it's good or not.

SM

Of course they do.  However with that amount of money, many people demand a say in the direction and sometimes it's people who perhaps, shouldn't.

Enjoy

Hey Disney! Hire Stan Winston Legend studios to work on a predator film for once! Good place to start is getting it back to the parent of the design ( atleast in spirit )

Magegg

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 01:59:03 AM
No argument to begin with. Merely that the better movie was the one that stuck to formula. But making good movies is not the goal anymore. Making lots of money, and screwing around to see if there's more money to be made is. That's a shame.
2099 was very stuck to the formula. It was practically a remake of the original BR.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 08, 2019, 02:07:37 AMI just realized with all this, Disney could actually attempt to do crossovers of the alien/predator franchises with another series they own.
Nah, they won't.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Huggs on Feb 08, 2019, 05:02:48 AM
I'm not saying people mean to make bad films on purpose, but after seeing movies like Independence Day 2 or Fallen Kingdom, I just believe it's entirely possible that sometimes they sincerely don't give a sh*t if it's good or not.

Hell I'd even go so far to say Independence Day 2 was far worse than AVP:R. Skyline was a lot better too, and that isn't saying much. When the Brothers Strause have you beat with tiny budget genre films, there's a problem.

SM

Independence Day 2 shat all over AvPR and Skyline.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Enjoy on Feb 08, 2019, 05:38:39 AM
Hey Disney! Hire Stan Winston Legend studios to work on a predator film for once! Good place to start is getting it back to the parent of the design ( atleast in spirit )

In the words of the illustrious Voodoo Magic: competently made Predators don't need special, atmospheric lighting to look good.

To which, I will add: no need for crab faces, floppy mouths, derpy faces, or CGI monstrosities.

If this were Star Wars and the argument of practical vs. CGI came to light, Wolfman wins every time.

Voodoo Magic

OooOOooo.... I'm illustrious!

newagescamartist

Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2019, 07:01:18 AM
Independence Day 2 shat all over AvPR and Skyline.

I mean it gets iffy when we're comparing pieces of shit to pieces of shit. Are we judging it by stink? Consistency? Color? Shape?

MoonRightRomantic

I just want to see Newt come back as the new heroine.

I don't care about the shlocky sequels and prequels.

Huggs

The "don't let us die for nothing" line in independence day 2 is worse than every single second of both AVP movies put together. The delivery of it  is more horrific than an actual alien invasion.

SM

Indepedence Day has Jeff Goldblum which makes it better by default.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2019, 09:08:45 PM

You must be a fan of "Earth Girls are Easy"

XenoHunter99

@Voodoo Magic: Bwahahahahahaha! :D

Huggs

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 08, 2019, 09:25:30 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 08, 2019, 09:08:45 PM

You must be a fan of "Earth Girls are Easy"

https://i.imgur.com/LZEL9TW.gif

:D Is it some kind of Teletubbies movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed