Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 24, 2019, 02:58:03 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien (Read 23,555 times)

question11

if disney the ruiner of franchises keeps their hands off this project, could be a decent pic.

ridley if you're reading this. resurrect shaw.

Predwars24

I watch alien for alien, not Terminator.

razeak

I agree.that the series needs.to evolve, but I'm not.keen on Ridley Scott. AvP as an idea isn't daft. The people hired to make it a reality were daft.

He can keep the core of the Alien and do new things if he is talented enough still. As others have said though, play in the Alien sandbox.

Kradan

Even if I can't be totally on board with Ridley's vision for the future of franchise i just can't help but respect the man for being honest with his opinion. I think Ridley isn't jerk and realise that he often says not the most popular and anticipated things. But again he has his own different vision and I respect him just for that.

FenGiddel

Quote from: Kradan on May 27, 2019, 09:55:29 PM
Even if I can't be totally on board with Ridley's vision for the future of franchise i just can't help but respect the man for being honest with his opinion. I think Ridley isn't jerk and realise that he often says not the most popular and anticipated things. But again he has his own different vision and I respect him just for that.
I'd rather the films didn't try and fill in explanations, but I'd be interested in where he goes with the AI ideas.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: FenGiddel on May 28, 2019, 02:23:00 AM
Quote from: Kradan on May 27, 2019, 09:55:29 PM
I'd rather the films didn't try and fill in explanations, but I'd be interested in where he goes with the AI ideas.

I'd be interested in a sci-fi thriller (set in the Alien universe) about a space colony inhabited by synthetics.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Predwars24 on May 27, 2019, 08:16:44 PM

You assume the title is in reference to the xenomorph.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 28, 2019, 02:43:16 AM
Quote from: Predwars24 on May 27, 2019, 08:16:44 PM

You assume the title is in reference to the xenomorph.

Yup. AI can be alienish sometimes.

The Old One

The Old One

Weird is good, but a good script and unnerving your audience with fear is more important.

Alien 1979 is all about fear of the unknown as much as it is about it's sexual subtext.

Corporal Hicks

Leave the politics in the politics board. Any further attempts to continue that angle will be deleted.

D. Compton Ambrose

Alien: Covenant has grown on me. Granted, I didn't like it upon first theater viewing, but I think that was just me being butt-hurt that it didn't live up to my expectations or they didn't much as much time and effort on the xenomorph as they should have, but it has actually added to and complemented the series and I honestly think Sir Ridley should kind of leave well enough alone - if he must make a third film, just have it be about what happens to David, and focus on the Neomorphs and the Engineers and leave the Xeno alone (imo).

newagescamartist

Quote from: D. Compton Ambrose on May 28, 2019, 02:01:45 PM
Alien: Covenant has grown on me. Granted, I didn't like it upon first theater viewing, but I think that was just me being butt-hurt that it didn't live up to my expectations or they didn't much as much time and effort on the xenomorph as they should have, but it has actually added to and complemented the series and I honestly think Sir Ridley should kind of leave well enough alone - if he must make a third film, just have it be about what happens to David, and focus on the Neomorphs and the Engineers and leave the Xeno alone (imo).

I think Ridley is thinking along those lines. He's obviously tired of the xenomorph. It does what it does. Chases people around and kills them. A psychotic robot trying to become God/Satan is infinitely more interesting at this point imo. I think there is room for some courageous narrative tweaks to the xeno mythos, but Disney is going to play it safe. My prediction is that they'll put two film into production simultaneously. One that finishes the prequel trilogy, and another, safer sequel-esque movie that continues Aliens via tons of nostalgia and action. They'll get Signourney, Biehn, and Henn back. That's where the big potential interest and money is, even if I ultimately sigh at the thought.

Drukathi

Sir Ridley should kind of leave well enough alone - if he must make a third film, just have it be about what happens to David, and focus on the Neomorphs and the Engineers and leave the Xeno alone (imo).

He can't, because the third prequel will be the final prequel before Alien. And how the prequel to Big Chap will work without Big Chap? Do you can imagine Revenge of the Sith without Dart Vader or Palpatine? ???

Nostromo

Nostromo

True, It grew on me also. Better to have no Aliens than that ugly CGI thingy. Fox keeps thinking Aliens is a happy go lucky action monster flick. As soon as I saw the main cover of the movie, with that Alien on board the ship thrashing around like a dumb pos, I said to myself again they're going the wrong direction. If that's all they can come up with than yea, better to just stick to AI and world building than mindless Aliens running around like dummies.

SM

SM

Yeah they never do that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed