First Look at Creative Assembly's Alien Game?

Started by ikarop, Mar 02, 2013, 08:21:16 AM

Author
First Look at Creative Assembly's Alien Game? (Read 34,832 times)

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

QuoteBe warned: the first three or so Resident Evil games have not aged well. At all.

Not many games do. Nazrel, I'd recommend playing the Resident Evil (REmake) (2002) of the first game on Gamecube. That has definitely aged WAY better than the others. Also has better atmosphere IMHO.

SiL

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 03, 2013, 02:13:06 PM
Oh yeah? I did see a link to an article about that game that SM (I think) posted in another thread, and was intrigued! I wonder if there's some kind of emulator out there...
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=660.0

I think I've "won" once. Which is to say I didn't run out of air and die, or just direct everyone into the airlock and blow the door.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Nazrel on Mar 03, 2013, 08:09:50 PM
I was never able to play silent hill or resident evil when i was younger. and i haven't had the chance to yet, but if they really are that scary I'll have to look into them soon.l

Regardless what the others said about the original trilogy not having aged well, Resident Evil 2 is one of the best friggin games ever made.

Oh, and tell me this doesn't remind you of anything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXl_poVGbRU#

Yes, the Resi-remake is very good. Gives you the truest sense of a haunted house. I've always felt this kind of a game experience, built around puzzles, story, and atmosphere with the action serving essentially as a spice, would be a cool way to do an Alien game.

JungleHunter87

QuoteRegardless what the others said about the original trilogy not having aged well, Resident Evil 2 is one of the best friggin games ever made.

Hey, I never said that Resident Evil's original trilogy didn't age well, that was all SpaceMarines. I only concurred that not many games do age well. Hell, I still think the first MGS on the ps1 was f**king FANTASTIC! I still play it over the Twin Snakes remake. I even play the original RE (bad voice acting and all) allot. So don't get me wrong I love the older games.

QuoteYes, the Resi-remake is very good. Gives you the truest sense of a haunted house.

Agreed.

QuoteI've always felt this kind of a game experience, built around puzzles, story, and atmosphere with the action serving essentially as a spice, would be a cool way to do an Alien game.

This is basically what I hope we get from CA, with a few alterations in gameplay to add to the tension and horror.

teras

The Dead Space formula could work wonders with this game.

I consider Dead Space (the 1st) the best survival horror game on console this generation.
What made that game scary wasn't the cheap scares from the necros busting out of every vent with the appropriate "run for your life" music (although it helped). It was the tension building. Every corridor, every room had the perfect amount of lighting and detail.
Good crisp graphics, eerie lighting, carefully placed sound effects that screwed with your head. "What was that sound?" The anticipation of an imminent attack that made you move cautiously ahead, only to never happen.

SpaceMarines

I agree. Dead Space (or at least the first 3/4 of it) was incredibly tense and quite scary.

AcidGlow

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 02, 2013, 08:21:16 AM
Back in 2011 it was stated that Creative Assembly came to Sega with the pitch and created a demo in 6 weeks which was labelled as "fantastic"

I'm not falling for this anymore.. (ACM).. This time I will be more cautious.

xeno-kaname

I mentioned this in the Gearbox forums, but I've always wanted an Alien game on the Nostromo to be similar to Amnesia. You're in the ship with a small crew running away from that one alien. A very dark and tense game that also causes dilemmas when choosing course of action. Kind of like the Walking Dead game. Every choice has a major consequence that could get certain crew members killed. And amongst them, as mentioned before, a secret synthetic. One of the things I love about this idea is that the alien would be scary again. That hasn't really happened in a long time.

When I heard Creative Assembly's demo was so good they green lighted the game immediately, I got my hopes up for something like this. But now in retrospect I don't think Sega would have gone for that at all. Now the word "Nostromo" has popped up and I dare to dream :p I think a Nostromo Amnesia game should be a no brainer, so here's hoping they at least get SOME ideas from that formula.

spinksy

Quote from: AcidGlow on Mar 05, 2013, 12:03:11 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 02, 2013, 08:21:16 AM
Back in 2011 it was stated that Creative Assembly came to Sega with the pitch and created a demo in 6 weeks which was labelled as "fantastic"

I'm not falling for this anymore.. (ACM).. This time I will be more cautious.

THIS.

D.R.

I would love a third person alien game if it were done right... I wouldn't want to be a marine though. More a trucker in space character regular middle aged guy or 30ish woman. Pace it like Dead Space with up to date graphics and smooth controls. Creepy atmosphere.

I've said this before but for the aliens to be scary in a game, they have to treat them like puppets or tall guys in suits moving like in the movie. Not like panthers always on all fours or always on the walls. If I'm ever looking down at an alien on the ground looking up at me the game fails.

What about a third person game based on the old dark horse comics? If they did the graphics like the artwork of series 2 holy crap sign me up.

OpenMaw

Quote from: P.B. on Mar 08, 2013, 04:06:34 AM
If they did the graphics like the artwork of series 2 holy crap sign me up.

Sorta done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Nf_Ar9imM#ws

D.R.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 08, 2013, 04:46:41 AM
Quote from: P.B. on Mar 08, 2013, 04:06:34 AM
If they did the graphics like the artwork of series 2 holy crap sign me up.

Sorta done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Nf_Ar9imM#ws

lol yuck not exactly what I had in mind.

aliens13

This game gonna be presented in the E3?

underbound

I would like a horror game with the title ALIEN. i accept the aliens games and such with the licencse but alien is a term not heard anymore,so im glad to see one.
but willthe alien move slow and stand like 'give me a hug' pose( i keed but seriously) .
i want a first person toggle because i get scared more playing that way,few games(that ive played)have scared me in third person

blood.

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 02, 2013, 03:15:17 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 02, 2013, 02:46:29 PM
I hope the only weapon you get is the flamethrower with limited ammo and that is IT. That would make for a far scarier game IMHO.

WHAT?

Please, you must be joking. That be boring as shit.

The best levels in aliens colonial marines are when you have no weapons or your weapons are ineffective

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed