characters/vehicles textures are messed up - need help

Started by Thundercracker, Jan 04, 2007, 11:20:03 PM

Author
characters/vehicles textures are messed up - need help (Read 12,833 times)

Thundercracker

Character-texture doesnt "work" .. Looks blurry/invisbile.. Anyone had this problem? I got the newest patch(BUT it didnt say anything about winXP)

Help!

Corporal Hicks

Boring, I know, but just try reinstalling it. Just to see.

Thundercracker

Il try :) but i doubt it will help :/

Thundercracker

Nope, stil the same problem :/

Thundercracker

Nobody has had this problem, or knows what to do? :/

Corporal Hicks

Not that I know of. I'll ask the owner of AvP2Files next time he's on. Maybe he'll know what to do.

Thundercracker

Thundercracker

Ive read through countless forums' tech problems, and it seems im not the only one having this problem, but i cant find anyone giving us a solution. Only "try reinstalling"(wich doesnt work)..

damnit!

x-M-x

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 06, 2007, 06:31:32 PMI'll ask the owner of AvP2Files

Yes i am here..... lol ::)

Anyway Thundercracker  need to know a few thing's.... what type of graphics card do you have? and what driver is it?

also, if your running in crossfire mode or SLI then that will cause the problem. seeing as aliens vs predator 2 is an old game,  Well 6 yr's.... It will struggle with today's technology  (ie) monster GFX card  :o

x-M-x

Thundercracker

Geforce 2 GTS/pro  (old card)

with 71.84 NVIDIA drivers

x-M-x

Quote from: Thundercracker on Jan 18, 2007, 04:52:14 PM
Geforce 2 GTS/pro  (old card)

with 71.84 NVIDIA drivers

Hmmm... could be the drivers 71.84? btw how much video mem is this ? 64mb 128mb... etc?

x-M-x

Thundercracker

64 memory

Ive also tried 66.93 drivers

x-M-x

Quote from: Thundercracker on Jan 19, 2007, 03:14:05 PM
64 memory

Ive also tried 66.93 drivers

Hmmm well 64 MB is well enough... and the 66.93 Drivers should work also...  i need to see a screenshot of your AVP2 in game... just Press F8 and host it, then show me the link, i need to see what this looks like. :-\

x-M-x

Thundercracker

Pics are alittle more fubar than originaly cuz i made them .gif.. But if u see pick number 2, you can clearly see the predator is "half-invisible".. and thats the problem i have with characters and vehicles

http://home.no/quicksilver/stasj/Looking%20at%20humans%20with%20staff%20in%20hand.GIF

http://home.no/quicksilver/stasj/Singleplayerscreen.GIF

x-M-x

lol, yup that is definitely a graphics card issue by the looks of it.... well, when you installed avp2 did you choose Low detail? when you was about to play? because looking at those pic's..... looks like your usieng something that avp2 dont like very much.  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed