Alien Covenant - David's Drawings

Started by felix, Apr 03, 2018, 03:46:23 AM

Author
Alien Covenant - David's Drawings (Read 42,613 times)

Prez

Prez

Bit miffed. My order hasn't shipped despite being released last week!

Sent a rather diplomatic email to Booktopia tonight!  >:(

cloverfan98

I don't think I like David being the creator of the Alien but this book looks incredible. I really want to get my hands on it.

The Old One

The Old One

It is incredible.

Naginata

Naginata

Just got this a few days ago, and I have to say: it's glorious. I especially like the fact that the drawings are presented out of order (ie: not showing the exact progression of the Xeno's development), since - like the movie -  it allows you to use your imagination.

Also: dat cover tho. DAYUM.

The Old One

The Old One

Naginta, they are presented in order-
Innocent biological study, into dissection and alteration and then into Elizabeth Shaw.

cloverfan98

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 03:10:42 AM
Naginta, they are presented in order-
Innocent biological study, into dissection and alteration and then into Elizabeth Shaw.

So Shaw WAS turned into an Alien? I couldn't tell if that's what happened from David's dialog. Sorry if this has been answered before.

The Old One

The Old One

No but he uses her reproductive organs with his knowledge of the components of the Pathogen, which is shown extensively early in the book- to create Alien Ovomorphs. Whether the rest of the drawings are fantasy or fact is up to you.

cloverfan98

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 04:24:14 AM
No but he uses her reproductive organs with his knowledge of the components of the Pathogen, which is shown extensively early in the book- to create Alien Ovomorphs. Whether the rest of the drawings are fantasy or fact is up to you.

Interesting. What are the Ovomorphs? Were they in the film?

The Old One

The Old One

Ovomorph is the name of the Egg.
Manumala noxhydria the Facehugger.

SiL

SiL

I like how the Strange Shapes lay Egg Shapes in their lifecycle. If we can call the chestburster a peomorph we're laughing.

The Old One

The Old One

I'd call it:
Dissulto arca

Which means "burst coffin"
-I think that's appropriate.
Following the gothic theme that
"hand of night" implies.

Predator@Alien

It's been a year since I worked like crazy on Alien Covenant and Prometheus. With the new elements, I try to explain all of David's experiences logically until the creation of the Xenomorph. So I work on absolutely all drawings and all texts to understand everything and put everything in order. That's why I want to know if there are really all the drawings, that is to say all the concept art of the two artists but also all the texts. Because on the bluray there are not all drawings unfortunately ...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 14, 2018, 05:11:00 AM
I'd call it:
Dissulto arca

Which means "burst coffin"
-I think that's appropriate.
Following the gothic theme that
"hand of night" implies.
But we could have Egg Shape, Dick Shape and Strange Shape.

The Old One

The Old One

Verm shape

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Sep 14, 2018, 04:51:58 AM
I like how the Strange Shapes lay Egg Shapes in their lifecycle. If we can call the chestburster a peomorph we're laughing.

I hate Ovomorph. I still don't know where the hell that cropped up from.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed