Alien Covenant - David's Drawings

Started by felix, Apr 03, 2018, 03:46:23 AM

Author
Alien Covenant - David's Drawings (Read 42,531 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Sep 07, 2018, 04:30:50 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 05, 2018, 08:16:59 PM
She was waiting for me at home! Just about finished reading the interview. God, I love reading those two. And there was a treat waiting for me at the back!  ;D

A mention in the same breath as Chris Picard.  :)

Don't spoil this for me.  :laugh:

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Finished with my first read through and My only issue is that it ended. But I'll certainly be coming back for the grotesquely gorgeous artwork. Matt and Dane's artistry is impeccable.

Spoiler

It's interesting that David's study of the local flora and fauna influenced how he created his perfect organism.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

"A perfect organism."

"Xenomrph" will have a field day with that one.

Still Collating...

Spoiler
It's very interesting how David got to the Alien, and it's not really clear. We know David was breeding creatures like dogs to get specific traits though. As far as I can tell, the eggs are very similar to some plants, the facehugger's evolution is the most clear, coming from the plethora of similar creatures, some of which have even maybe had a symbiotic relationship with the carnivorous plants (living inside some plants which had acid pools at their bottom). But it seems that the neo/xenos came from Engineer babies? The book does not hint to as how Shaw's biology helps the process, the Advent short suggested that results were better with human biology somehow. My theory is that the Engineer babies gave us neos and that Shaw's eggs gave us the xeno, just throwing an idea out there... My final question is how did David combine the egg with the hugger and with the alien? I saw no connection to that in the book, that's what really sparks my interest. The Alien seems like a pathogen splice between badass plant's, spider crabs and Engineer/human babies.
[close]

Wweyland

Wweyland

Is there a lot to read or is it mostly pictures? Getting mine in about a week probably.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 08, 2018, 06:48:51 PM
Is there a lot to read or is it mostly pictures? Getting mine in about a week probably.

There's more art than text but still a fair amount of writing. It took me about 4 hours to get through the whole thing and I feel that I rushed through it a bit to be honest.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Sep 08, 2018, 10:43:37 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 08, 2018, 06:48:51 PM

There's more art than text but still a fair amount of writing. It took me about 4 hours to get through the whole thing and I feel that I rushed through it a bit to be honest.
Cool. I hope it covers all the drawings you actually see on the walls in Alien: Covenant.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 05, 2018, 02:43:58 PM
I'm kinda tempted by this, but my increasing dislike of the film is holding me back.

Altman be praised.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 05, 2018, 02:43:58 PM
I'm kinda tempted by this, but my increasing dislike of the film is holding me back.

You're allowed to enjoy individual aspects.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 08, 2018, 12:50:51 AM
"A perfect organism."

"Xenomrph" will have a field day with that one.
In what way?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 10, 2018, 05:40:19 AMYou're allowed to enjoy individual aspects.

True! Just find it hard to engage with the related merch when I don't like the overall project.

Case in point - I got the Prometheus 3D Blu-ray solely for the Furious Gods doc, but I've still not got around to watching it :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Just joshing about the whole "David creator or recreator?" Interpretations.

You seriously need to watch Furious Gods, Prometheus' extras are as extensive and deep as any film in the Anthology.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I know, I know... Just can't seem to bring myself to set aside the three hours it would take to watch a documentary about a film I don't especially like - even though I know full well how good the documentary is.

One day I'll sit down and enjoy the damn thing!

Predator@Alien

Are all the drawings in this book the same as those in the bluray or are there more / less ?

The Old One

The Old One

There's 200+ in the book in a hardback Engineer design, and an interview with the artists separate book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed