Dark Horse Comics Announces Predator: The Original Screenplay Comic Series!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 19, 2020, 05:49:00 PM

Author
Dark Horse Comics Announces Predator: The Original Screenplay Comic Series! (Read 14,254 times)

Russ840

I just checked out Patrick Blaine's work and he is pretty good.

He also provides the upcoming variant cover for Predator Hunters III issue 3.

Enjoy

The lead charector will  be Native American and have a lot of flash backs of his cultures manhood trials that end up helping him survive. If memorie serves. This is a cool idea.

426Buddy

Wow this is crazy! Super cool  news

Immortan Jonesy

PVC

Hi. Very interesting.  Was not expecting this too. Cover ... Yeah .... Gremlinish .....as a fan of the best wood hunter , very excited. Just don't want to see J C Vandame in it ( just kidding Jean Claude ....)
And , who know , if it's good , ( it will be ) why not to consider a good prequel with Jim Hopper in it
S Black just lost his cell phone ...... Don't call him.
Can't wait for this comic book     Thomas brothers , I salute you
Regards

The Old One

The Old One

Gremlins!  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PVC on Feb 20, 2020, 08:09:17 AM
Hi. Very interesting.  Was not expecting this too. Cover ... Yeah .... Gremlinish .....as a fan of the best wood hunter , very excited. Just don't want to see J C Vandame in it ( just kidding Jean Claude ....)
And , who know , if it's good , ( it will be ) why not to consider a good prequel with Jim Hopper in it
Regards

Hmm. Bringing up the Thomas Brothers, I would truly love to know their thoughts about this... good, bad or indifferent.

Whiskeybrewer

Katanu

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2020, 01:13:25 PM
Regards

Hmm. Bringing up the Thomas Brothers, I would truly love to know their thoughts about this... good, bad or indifferent.

I would love to know their thoughts on everything past Predator 2. The only time I really heard anything from them was their excellent audio commentary for Predator 2 and their very small appearance in the making of from the original film. Have they ever talked about any Predator related stuff anywhere beyond that?

Maybe they could make a foreword for this comic.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Katanu on Feb 20, 2020, 05:40:37 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2020, 01:13:25 PM
Regards

I would love to know their thoughts on everything past Predator 2. The only time I really heard anything from them was their excellent audio commentary for Predator 2 and their very small appearance in the making of from the original film. Have they ever talked about any Predator related stuff anywhere beyond that?

Maybe they could make a foreword for this comic.

They both seemingly have become somewhat of a recluse in the public eye. Especially John.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2020, 06:01:23 PM
I think it's kinda surprising to do this without using Johnson's old design, but that was done for Predator as we knew it, not Hunter.

So I'm going through the ol' Predator archives, and these early Hunter storyboards with Matheny / pre-Dutch that were up for sale back in the day at the Propstore of London still featured the original Predator old Boss Films design. That rat head. Even those legs. So it would appear that's the design they still should be going with here.

Kailem

Super cool news! This and Alien: The Original Screenplay will make great companion pieces. Unexpected for sure, but very, very welcome!

While it is mildly surprising they don't seem to be going with the Boss Film design, it makes sense since by the time that came about things were likely closer to what the final film ended up as than the version of the script they're basing this off of.

I've never read any of the early Predator drafts, but I'm assuming this will be more like the small, simian-like creature with prehensile feet that could climb and swing through the trees easily before they decided they wanted something bigger to look more physically intimidating?

Also was it something from the original script or just an idea that John McTiernan had about the team originally getting to the drop zone via a C-130 rather than choppers and getting buzzed by Peruvian Migs, which caused the pilot to want to turn back until Dutch held a gun to his head and forced him to keep going as planned, eventually running through the plane an grabbing a parachute as he jumped out?

Xiggz456

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 19, 2020, 06:45:26 PM

Avp Thicker than Blood
Predator Hunters III
Predator Hunting Grounds
Predator Stalking Shadows
Predator The Original Screenplay

Wow, what a stretch of months. We're just rolling in Predator content!

And Archie Vs Predator 2 concluded last month. In terms of releases this is the most Predator content released in a single year since the 90's! I'm loving it!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Feb 20, 2020, 07:12:17 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 19, 2020, 06:45:26 PM

Avp Thicker than Blood
Predator Hunters III
Predator Hunting Grounds
Predator Stalking Shadows
Predator The Original Screenplay

Wow, what a stretch of months. We're just rolling in Predator content!

And Archie Vs Predator 2 concluded last month. In terms of releases this is the most Predator content released in a single year since the 90's! I'm loving it!

Good catch!

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 20, 2020, 07:11:20 PM
While it is mildly surprising they don't seem to be going with the Boss Film design, it makes sense since by the time that came about things were likely closer to what the final film ended up as than the version of the script they're basing this off of.

I don't know.... the storyboards say Matheny, not Dutch. That's pre-Schwarzenegger. That's 1985.

bendinglight

Looking forward to digging into this when it hits the shelves.

The artwork I was checking out by Andy Owens seems promising.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 20, 2020, 06:34:43 PM
So I'm going through the ol' Predator archives, and these early Hunter storyboards with Matheny / pre-Dutch that were up for sale back in the day at the Propstore of London still featured the original Predator old Boss Films design. That rat head. Even those legs. So it would appear that's the design they still should be going with here.

https://i.ibb.co/vLWRPGd/20200220-132831.jpg

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/ckeditor_assets/pictures/2967/content_predator-original-design-3.jpg?1395801040

Looks like I completely missed these storyboards. That's a good catch. Hmmm, makes the choice more odd. Unless they're going shapeshifter from the novel?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed