Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator Film Now Titled Prey, Set for Summer 2022 Streaming Release!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 12, 2021, 02:26:00 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg’s Predator Film Now Titled Prey, Set for Summer 2022 Streaming Release! (Read 26,064 times)

David

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 22, 2021, 06:54:14 PM
Quote from: David on Nov 22, 2021, 06:08:50 PM
Quote from: Master on Nov 22, 2021, 02:16:54 PM
While I'm not as worried as BlackDestiny, cautious approach is adviced. Just look what they did with Ghostbusters in 2016, just look at it Damn It!

Iam OK with 2016 Ghostbusters. At least with Slovak dubbing. Never saw it in English language.

Even though I loved two of the actresses in the film "Bridesmaids", Ghostbusters 2016 was just a painful experience for me. Too much ad libbing in what felt like a constant unfunny effort to out do each other with their wit. But I think it's wrong to attribute the poor quality of that film to females starring. An all-male cast could have been easily substituted in that production and I believe it would have been equally as bad the way that entire movie was constructed. But regardless, I think what is important here is to form an opinion after actually seeing the film. I would say everyone should afford that opportunity with "Prey".
.                                                                                     Maybe I Saw it with Czech dubbing, I am not sure. I thought the movie was fun to watch, i was entertained. Because of that i will probably see the new one.

Mr.Turok

I have to second that notion of Feudal Japan. Just got Ghost Of Tsushima, (I know, late much) and the entire atmosphere and storytelling of the game was just phenomenal. Since the release of Samurai Predator for Predator Hunting Grounds alongside GOT, it just made the want for a Predator film during the Japanese-Mongolian conflict of that same time period so much stronger. Seeing the Predator observe the conflict and hunting each side for their strongest warriors to claim.

Speaking of the game, I really wished there was a special crossover event, I mean why doesn't want to see these two have a go at it?

Clubroot

@Mr.Turok
Wasn't there a fan film called AKUMA that was going to be a Predator film set in that time period? I think the director for Dark Ages was also going to help out. Nothing much has been said so far

Kailem

Or, if you wanted to crank that concept up to 11:

Clubroot

ZVP makes me wish it became a series

BlueMarsalis79

Only six months away when you think about it.

BigDaddyJohn

Could be eight also, and hoping there's no delay, as there often is unfortunately.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 03, 2021, 12:10:48 PM
Could be eight also, and hoping there's no delay, as there often is unfortunately.

With no likely theatrical release, I wouldn't expect a delay....

....unless there's.....

(( DRAMATIC MUSIC ))

Spoiler
Massive reshoots
[close]

Master

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2021, 02:12:37 PM

....unless there's.....

(( DRAMATIC MUSIC ))

Spoiler
Massive reshoots
[close]

David

David

I hope we will see something new on Christmas, maybe on New Year.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Master on Dec 03, 2021, 07:56:00 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 03, 2021, 02:12:37 PM

....unless there's.....

(( DRAMATIC MUSIC ))

Spoiler
Massive reshoots
[close]

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/609/251/6c2.gif

Finding out the story behind that thought in one of the later books was one of the funniest moments I've ever had.

Kradan

Kradan

Wait, sentient flower pot has actual backstory ?

Btw, what are your thoughts on the movie adaptation ? I haven't read the books and thought it was a damn good comedy with its own style and charm

Master

Did read the book and liked the adaptation. The book is quite surreal so it's hard to adapt it as it is

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed