Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 89,102 times)

HuDaFuK

If they had a bastard lovechild with Pyramid Head from Silent Hill.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 20, 2020, 09:36:26 PM
If they had a bastard lovechild with Pyramid Head from Silent Hill.

Kradan

I'd honestly rather have Vincent Ward's Alien 3 adaption. I just don't think original O'Bannon's script difers enough from what we ultimately got. It's good to see they keeping up with the concept though.

SM

The basic story is the same - there's just more of it (eg. a ship and a pyramid).

It's certainly not completely different like Alien 3 and the Gibson script.

HuDaFuK

I really hope they use some of the early creature designs in this, because otherwise it does seem a little unnecessary to do what is basically just a slightly earlier draft of the exact same story - and I say that despite really looking forward to this one.

Russ840

Agreed HuDa.

I'm really looking forward to the pyramid stuff.

Here is an idea everyone.

Either Alien: Engineers or Blomkamp's Aliens 2

Adapted by Tristan Jones.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm not sure Tristan Jones is very excited at the prospect of Neill Blomkamp's Aliens II, I've no idea on his feelings towards Vincent Ward's Alien III but I know he'd be ecstatic to work on Engineers.

HuDaFuK

My argument against an Engineers adaptation was that it wasn't different enough from the movie we ultimately got to make it seem worth it - but I guess that went out the window with the announcement of this one :laugh:

So yeah, f*ck it, why not. I quite like that script.

The Old One

The Old One

Yes please!

Kradan

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 21, 2020, 02:38:13 PM
I'm not sure Tristan Jones is very excited at the prospect of Neill Blomkamp's Aliens II, I've no idea on his feelings towards Vincent Ward's Alien III but I know he'd be ecstatic to work on Engineers.

IIRC he said in interview with muthur9000 something like " Hicks and Newt died. Get over with it, people "  :D

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The highly talented artist embraces the canon like none  :o

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 21, 2020, 02:59:09 PM
My argument against an Engineers adaptation was that it wasn't different enough from the movie we ultimately got to make it seem worth it - but I guess that went out the window with the announcement of this one :laugh:

So yeah, f*ck it, why not. I quite like that script.

I'd like for them to mainly follow Engineers, with a few of the clean ups from  01 Genesis. As long as they keep the space station over the Amsterdam office. :laugh:

Then again, I wanted the Gibson Alien III comic to mix up elements of the two drafts, but they just straight adapted the second.  :-\

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, so did I, hope that oversight isn't repeated in the future.

KiramidHead

Maybe we were expecting too much of a guy named Christmas.

Russ840

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 21, 2020, 07:28:59 PM
The highly talented artist embraces the canon like none  :o

Where is this from?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed