More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 68,063 times)

Nightmare Asylum

And we're just about to hit the six month mark since the show was announced, without so much of a word since then. :D

Corporal Hicks

They're working on it.  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

They're working on it not too far in the future here on Earth. ;)

Immortan Jonesy

It's a tricky question indeed!  :laugh:

...Alien 5 is heading to a not-so-popular part of the continuity, probably after Resurrection.

...The Covenant sequel is heading toward a not-so-popular but interesting part of the continuity.

Note ~ Although the fact that they are using elements from the prequels in the new EU seems to suggest that not everything is lost in this territory. The question is whether a final prequel from Ridley Scott is still possible.

...A movie that is directly connected to the next TV series sounds likely. Although we are still not clear in which part of the continuity takes place.

Evanus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2021, 04:28:23 PM
About that.. Any idea if Scott is still in talks to executive produce?  :P

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 03, 2021, 04:34:13 PM
Note ~ Although the fact that they are using elements from the prequels in the new EU seems to suggest that not everything is lost in this territory. The question is whether a final prequel from Ridley Scott is still possible.

Yeah, prequel elements are everywhere at this point. They've basically become totally woven into the fabric of the identity of the Alien brand, and I am very much for that. The novels, the upcoming video game, and even that dream sequence in issue #1 of the current Marvel comic run – hopefully Hawley's series doesn't shy away, especially with Scott involved (?).

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 03, 2021, 04:36:37 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 03, 2021, 04:28:23 PM
About that.. Any idea if Scott is still in talks to executive produce?  :P

Took the words right out of my mouth. :D

Jurassicvania

How many times have I seen these same conceptbro military team (add heavy with big ammo) in other media?

Helmets overtly suggesting mimicking alien faces and fur in space are leaning a bit too much into CA tropes and I don't think it has place in Alien universe.

However, a fully absurd Kenner Alien based, I would be a big fan of.

Evanus

At this rate Ridley's gonna spend more time being in talks than actually working on it  :laugh:

judge death

My money is ona  rebot witha  new ripley and fanservice aproach, remaking alien/s in one movie and ignore the old ones.

Beef Dogg

I was sad to learn this was not part of the official concept art

Artists Page

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Evanus on Jun 03, 2021, 05:03:05 PM
At this rate Ridley's gonna spend more time being in talks than actually working on it  :laugh:

But maybe during that time he'll do something cool like look at his electric razor and sketch it as a spaceship. ;)

Evanus

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 03, 2021, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Jun 03, 2021, 05:03:05 PM

But maybe during that time he'll do something cool like look at his electric razor and sketch it as a spaceship. ;)

:laugh:

Immortan Jonesy

Some badass David's shenanigans in Ridley's sketches please. Hopefully his take on the Space Jockey set piece before Alien.  8)

Quote from: Beef Dogg on Jun 03, 2021, 07:49:44 PM
I was sad to learn this was not part of the official concept art

Artists Page

Wow!  :o some VR glasses vibes there babe!  :laugh: They should make an animated 3D model to see how it works. ;D

judge death

So hate that idea of controling xenos with vr helmet....

BigDaddyJohn

I dunno... Nowadays I tend to be more interested by daring risky over the top and possibly stupid ideas, more than towards safe and somewhat bland ones.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed