More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 01, 2021, 05:53:22 AM

Author
More Previously Unseen Concept Art For Blomkamp’s Alien 5! (Read 68,085 times)

SiL

Haha funny joke

Huggs

I'm not diggin' it.

Enjoy

Just make it into a graphic novel then....

Halliday

They could make it happen! Just think for example about 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within' and 'Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars' - or something along the lines of anime aesthetics...

XENOMORPHOSIS

Is that Latest image Ripley in Xenomorph armor with a queen's crest looking upon an alien queen.

Protomorph

I'm glad this wasn't made. It looks like a typical Blomkamp movie to me loaded with action, mechanoids and futuristic big guns. All this is fine and I like Blomkamps work but it doesn't fit the Alien franchise for me. Keep it horror, keep it mysterious, keep it finely balanced with horror, atmosphere and some action.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Protomorph on Jun 02, 2021, 09:06:05 AM
Keep it horror, keep it mysterious, keep it finely balanced with horror

You mean like Covenant ? If that's horror then we're in trouble.

BlueMarsalis79

I'd rather have that again easily, over this dumb ass, Kenner shit. That I didn't think could get any more awful from Ripley wearing that Big Chap suit, but the Queen suit totally takes the cake.

DaniilLogOut

Why does Ripley look so miserable in that pool ?

Nightmare Asylum

Because she already did that scene in '97.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 01, 2021, 12:24:02 PM
I actually quite like District 9 and Chappie. Elysium has ideas and designs that I like (plus Kruger!) but it is mostly a mess.

I actually really liked Chappie myself (aside from Wolverine's mullet...). But I've struggled with his Alien 5. From what I know of it that isn't in the public, I don't think I'd have been too thrilled with it.

That said, the same as I'd be quite happy to see Eric Red's script translated to comic or novel, I'd still like to see this make it to some other media so we can see what it would have been like.

Also, looks like the film's synthetic was called Jax.

skhellter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 02, 2021, 01:55:36 PM
Also, looks like the film's synthetic was called Jax.

"Jax" in the image's names feels like a reference to Hugh Jackman... who the android kind of resembles. Maybe he was being eyed to play the character.

"Killson" is the other name being used in these android images and that's probably the actual character name.

XenoHunter99

I don't really get the negativity for the Alien 5 project. I wasn't thrilled that it would feature Ripley, but might as well. Even if Ripley herself is not in it, every Alien production has a character cut from Ripley cloth. So, fine! Let there be Ripley. And we can have Michael Biehn as Hicks, too. Again, might as well.

Even the worst Alien movie is worth a watch when it shows up on TV or whatever. And as others suggested, it could work well as an animated movie. You can get away with a lot more in an animated movie. The change of medium might be liberating.

As for what our Hicks knows about not-publicly-seen materials... Eh! I don't know what that is, so I've no idea what I'm missing. But I do know that stuff changes from pre-production to final product. What we got might not have been great, but it should have been fun. Hopefully, it wasn't a stinker like The Predator. But even that had its moments.

judge death

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 02, 2021, 01:47:34 PM
Because she already did that scene in '97.
This made me start laughing at my job when I read it, thank you xD

BlueMarsalis79

Give us that damn info lol!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed