The Cinemacon Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM

Author
The Cinemacon Thread (Read 73,326 times)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

I don't get the hate on disneys take on Star Wars , rogue one was excellent and imo the best stars wars film made since the empire strikes back, it's like everyone forgets how god awful the prequels were under George Lucas , the phantom menace and the attack of the clones were the worst Star Wars films made to date imo, even then if you don't agree cool , but then look at what they have done with marvel , it's one of cinemas greatest achievements.  So I'm not going to be a Disney hater, because imo they very rarely release lackluster films. I would feel far more comfortable with Disney making predator films in the future than fox , as far as I can see , fox have lost all credibility in making high quality predator and alien films.

It's 20th century fox who are the problem.

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 08, 2018, 02:12:55 PM
I don't get the hate on disneys take on Star Wars , rogue one was excellent and imo the best stars wars film made since the empire strikes back, it's like everyone forgets how god awful the prequels were under George Lucas , the phantom menace and the attack of the clones were the worst Star Wars films made to date imo, even then if you don't agree cool , but then look at what they have done with marvel , it's one of cinemas greatest achievements.  So I'm not going to be a Disney hater, because imo they very rarely release lackluster films. I would feel far more comfortable with Disney making predator films in the future than fox , as far as I can see , fox have lost all credibility in making high quality predator and alien films.

not to turn this into a star wars thread or anything but for me the prequles are a 100 times better than what we have gotten from disney
to much political stuff in the new movies for my taste ( also a reason why i wont see han solo or ep 9)

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

The original Star Wars had plenty of politics in it, I mean the empire was clearly based on the nazis , the persecution of the Jedi was akin to the way nazis treated the Jews , my point being is Star Wars has always had real world politics in it , but Star Wars aside , my original point is disney get a lot of unwarranted hate imo , at the end of the day they try to please , they regularly release films and spend a lot of resources to make it as good as possible, which is way more than can be said for 20th century fox .

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: dallevalle on May 08, 2018, 02:23:00 PM
Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 08, 2018, 02:12:55 PM

not to turn this into a star wars thread or anything but for me the prequles are a 100 times better than what we have gotten from disney
to much political stuff in the new movies for my taste ( also a reason why i wont see han solo or ep 9)

The Lucas prequels were FILLED with weak political plot points  :laugh:

Anyway can't wait for the trailer... To think that people at cinemacon already saw it, while we are here waiting, huh it hurts  :laugh:

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 08, 2018, 02:56:34 PM
The original Star Wars had plenty of politics in it, I mean the empire was clearly based on the nazis , the persecution of the Jedi was akin to the way nazis treated the Jews , my point being is Star Wars has always had real world politics in it , but Star Wars aside , my original point is disney get a lot of unwarranted hate imo , at the end of the day they try to please , they regularly release films and spend a lot of resources to make it as good as possible, which is way more than can be said for 20th century fox .

well i dont agree hehe but anyway back to the predator :D

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

I still wonder how the big, bad Hybrid Predator will look like in the film. I know that some of us dont like the Berserker's face design in previous movie, but I highly tolerated it. I will be very glad if this Hybrid has at least a similar look. Everything is still on a long road, before we actualy see him. . for sure, he wouldnt be shown in a trailer, I hope. So, its a big thing to reveal him. I hope that he will be a true badass looking (Bad Blood) Predator and not some kind of mix between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Alien looking Stone Cold. This reminds me a final boss from the game called Predator: Concrete Jungle where you fight on your last mission against something similar as in my previous description, it was a Human-looking Predator with regular dreadlocks, just a weird boss from a very good Predator game.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 08, 2018, 02:56:34 PM

The original Star Wars was not about the real world politics and historical imagery that it let influence it's style, though. It was a classic, clear cut, good versus evil adventure. It was never about the politics in the original trilogy.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Openmaw yeah politics is the wrong word I used , historical influence is a much better term, where do you think the word storm trooper comes from ? The empire imagery was clearly based on s.s uniforms, Lucas has been on record to confirm this ....

The fact that fascism inspired the look and feel of the Empire is no secret. In fact, Star Wars creator George Lucas even refers to the Imperial officers in The Empire Strikes Back as "Nazis" while giving his commentary of the film. He specifically mentions their militaristic dress, noting, "The Nazis are basically the same costume as we used in the first film and they are designed to be very authoritarian, very empire-like."

So my point is taking inspiration from real world affairs is nothing new in Star Wars.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 08, 2018, 03:39:27 PM
I still wonder how the big, bad Hybrid Predator will look like in the film. I know that some of us dont like the Berserker's face design in previous movie, but I highly tolerated it. I will be very glad if this Hybrid has at least a similar look. Everything is still on a long road, before we actualy see him. . for sure, he wouldnt be shown in a trailer, I hope. So, its a big thing to reveal him. I hope that he will be a true badass looking (Bad Blood) Predator and not some kind of mix between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Alien looking Stone Cold. This reminds me a final boss from the game called Predator: Concrete Jungle where you fight on your last mission against something similar as in my previous description, it was a Human-looking Predator with regular dreadlocks, just a weird boss from a very good Predator game.

Why would he resembles anything like that  :laugh:

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

I hope not petr and big daddy john , I loved that game but that boss was just terrible lol 😂

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - That was perfect game, I still have it on my old Xbox 360, time by time Im playing it just for pure fun, I love especially that sort of missions where you as Predator has part of the open city just for yourself. You know, sort of a little GTA but with Predator instead. I dream about a proper Remake or Remastered version of that game, man. . that will be super! Made it bigger and better, with more options, weapons and fully customizable Predator, but I guess it will never happen. Predator rights are strictly guarded, I dont even know how is it possible that they created that game, just wow! For me its a pure miracle, and these AVP games, million times better than actual movies? There are not enough of them, really. . almost every year the gamers got tons of Call of Duty or Assassin Creed games, and still no Predator or not even that much Alien games. I know that Bioschock creators are developing a new game from Alien universe, thats all. Sorry for talking about games here guys, but I am also huge gamer. ;)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Oh god, even here people whine about choices made with Star Wars...

Back on track please.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Skull splitter I was in context , I didn't bring Star Wars up someone else did , I was merely correcting them , believe me when I say I'm not a Star Wars fan boy lol,  I enjoy Disney's take on the franchise, but I don't take it too seriously.  My original point was about disneys takeover of 20th century fox and how I think the franchise will be in good hands in the future.

Petr I would love to see a remake of CJ it was awesome , and I agree buddy a full on open world predator game has always been my dream too ;)

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - Why they dont create game like that, I mean open world Predator game or even game where Predator should hunt on various planets in the space, various species, animals etc. I will never understand that. . it will be a massive best-seller. The only thing that propably work against it is the whole license thing. You know, someone for sure has already this idea, a massive Predator open world game should already exist at these days, and instead of that we see the same sports games every year, its just example. I dont have anything against sport games, but in general. . Its not my cup of tea. The only chance for a game with Predator comes with this new Shane Black movie, if its gonna be good, maybe they will consider to make another game with Predator, but as an experienced gamer. . I need to admit that most of the games based on the movies are not really that good. It will be perfect if some independent studio take its own chance, but I dont think that license owners will simply allow them to do that. This is proof that the game industry is full of. . you know what I want to say. Its sad. :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ELDERCLANLEADER on May 08, 2018, 07:54:55 PM
Skull splitter I was in context , I didn't bring Star Wars up someone else did , I was merely correcting them , believe me when I say I'm not a Star Wars fan boy lol,  I enjoy Disney's take on the franchise, but I don't take it too seriously.  My original point was about disneys takeover of 20th century fox and how I think the franchise will be in good hands in the future.

You can't correct an opinion. I personally enjoy all the Star Wars films. A lot of fans hate the prequels. A lot of fans hate the new series (especially the latest). I also love all the Predator films. A lot of fans don't. There's no accounting for taste.

QuotePetr I would love to see a remake of CJ it was awesome , and I agree buddy a full on open world predator game has always been my dream too ;)

Quote from: Petr Švancara on May 08, 2018, 10:46:57 PM
ELDERCLANLEADER - Why they dont create game like that, I mean open world Predator game or even game where Predator should hunt on various planets in the space, various species, animals etc. I will never understand that. . it will be a massive best-seller. The only thing that propably work against it is the whole license thing. You know, someone for sure has already this idea, a massive Predator open world game should already exist at these days, and instead of that we see the same sports games every year, its just example. I dont have anything against sport games, but in general. . Its not my cup of tea. The only chance for a game with Predator comes with this new Shane Black movie, if its gonna be good, maybe they will consider to make another game with Predator, but as an experienced gamer. . I need to admit that most of the games based on the movies are not really that good. It will be perfect if some independent studio take its own chance, but I dont think that license owners will simply allow them to do that. This is proof that the game industry is full of. . you know what I want to say. Its sad. :'(

It's a damn shame they haven't done something like this. Predator is just begging for an open-world, or open-galaxy game. There's loads of space to do something really interesting and really wide with it. I hope they realize this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed