Kenner Aliens comics

Started by Extroheal, Jul 30, 2009, 11:09:20 PM

Author
Kenner Aliens comics (Read 80,142 times)

Extroheal

Extroheal

Is there anywhere on the Internet where I can read the Aliens comics that were packaged together with the Kenner action figures? How am I supposed to read them, when opening the package would destroy the action figure's value?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

How are you supposed to properly display the figures if you keep them in their package?

I've never understood that. If you're just buying figures for investment value (which is dumb, buy something more lucrative than figures), than buy something other than the fairly common Kenner alien figs. And if you're not buying them solely for investment, than why in heck would you keep 'em all packaged away!?

But, if you're that worried, and don't want (for whatever reason) to buy another set to display and read comics of, here are some scans:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M6UOSEIL
(courtesy of Syl3ntBob)

Extroheal

Extroheal

I think action figures should be displayed within their original package. The package itself is often very pretty and some action figures come with alternate limbs or heads or weapons, so it's impossible to display all of the figures features in a single figure. Also, some action figures don't stand up properly. I was barely able to get my MM6 Warrior Alien to stand on its own and my MM6 Dog Alien is leaning against my MM6 Alien Queen. I regret taking them out of their package.

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Yeah, that's kind of what happens with McFarlanes. They weren't ever meant to be taken out of the package, which is a fatal design flaw imo, thus my not having very many of those.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I always free my action figures from they're tiny plastic prisons. They're TOYS, they're MEANT to be played with and posed and shit! :D

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Most are. I definitely agree about the McFarlane figs though. They were pretty, but don't try to make 'em stand on their own two feet. That being said, the only time I'll leave a fig in its package is if I get a second one.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah, McFarlane (and most NECA/Mezco/SOTA) figures have limited "playability", but the Kenner ones were literally children's toys, with action features and launching missiles and shit. Those weren't meant to be left in the package to "collect value", and I know I got much more enjoyment out of them as a 9-year-old by taking them out of the package and staging massive battles in my parents' living room. The exploding Scorpion Alien is still awesome. I've got it sitting on my desk right now, and every once in a while I'll make it pop and it's still great. ;D

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Lol same here, except damn it if I wasn't a kid right after those things started disappearing from store shelves... I always saw them at comic cons (been going since I was like 3) but couldn't ever afford to get any till about 4 years ago, when I started collecting in earnest.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Ill upload the rest i have them all saved in individual folders for each comic the site that host the images The8thpassaner.com is no longer up luckly i saved the comics

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Ah, yes. So wonderfully horrible. That pred on the cover of # 13 has to be my least favorite pred image ever.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Heh,still can't believe they didn't tone down the mouth for these.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yes, please upload the rest here.  I'd love to see all of them.

Also, do you have the Aliens card comics (like in your sig) saved that you could upload here?

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

bobby brown

bobby brown

insanly ugly alien queen...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed