MAG, AVP, Combined

Started by zython, Jan 07, 2010, 03:03:55 AM

Author
MAG, AVP, Combined (Read 2,691 times)

zython

zython

What if, the online multiplayer server architecture of MAG (256 players per match) was combined with the awesome story of AVP?

You'd have the best game on Earth. Imagine, 256 players in one match, divided into the Aliens, Predators, and Marines.

Of course, team numbers would be altered due to the power of one individual of each race.

Lets just say, I'd buy it. Would you?

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

I don't think AvP is really suited for really large battles (outdoor), but more isolated battles. Don't get me wrong, if there was a very large indoor map I wouldn't argue. I always kinda wanted a map in AvP2 of the entire POC with a large number of players to play on. Even in this enviroment I don't think the number of players should exceed 60.

Just my 2 cents.

E1: Almost missed the point of the topic. Would I buy an AvP game with 256 players being allowed? Nope. I don't think it would be as fun as with a smaller amount of players.

Elude

Elude

No thanks, I particularly think 18 players is a bit much for a game like this.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

AvP is meant for small-scale cinematic combat.

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Instead of calling it M.A.G, I'd call it L.A.G :P

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

If it were to happen, I'd say 60 players max in a large indoor area (Such as a larger version of Hadleys Hope) where the Colonial Marines get about 10-15 men with one life, there are four preds with one life, and everyone else is an alien with one life. Imho that would stick true to the movies in a way.

The Rogue

The Rogue

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jan 11, 2010, 07:09:41 PM
If it were to happen, I'd say 60 players max in a large indoor area (Such as a larger version of Hadleys Hope) where the Colonial Marines get about 10-15 men with one life, there are four preds with one life, and everyone else is an alien with one life. Imho that would stick true to the movies in a way.

This.

MAG-AVP would only work if the teams were in no way equal numbers. A 256 game is far too large for AVP something 60- would be better. If we are talking 60 people let's say 8 predators 20 marines and 32 aliens would make the most sense.

piet11111

piet11111

having an entire city like AVP:R would be an amazing experience with a few hundred people online.
but it would be a shame that A) its based on such a shitty movie and B) our technology is not able to cope with such a thing yet.

The Rogue

The Rogue

Quote from: piet11111 on Jan 16, 2010, 08:18:01 PM
having an entire city like AVP:R would be an amazing experience with a few hundred people online.
but it would be a shame that A) its based on such a shitty movie and B) our technology is not able to cope with such a thing yet.

That would be awesome playing the national guard in AVP:R  ;D

Lie

Lie

Maybe, are you thinking of an all out war. If you are it would be good in the case that it could have all the terrains in one massive battle taking hours to complete. A hive with AI queen laying eggs and a predator base where new players joining the battle would start off and marine base with a landing pad for new players joining as marines. The aliens would have to be life cycled to keep it fair and realistic but also able the drag back bodies, so there would also be other forms of life other than the enemies (if you got a predator you would be a deep guy ;) ). An MMO Aliens Vs Predator Extinction But Console based (I personal would like it to be a console version but it would most likely be better on PC) and first person.  ;D

That would be one hell of a game and it would lag like a bitch.  ;D

Is that the kinda combination your thinking of?

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jan 08, 2010, 11:26:33 AM
AvP is meant for small-scale cinematic combat.

Yet we're stuck with small scale Quake3 Arena's... That's just sad.

FrostbyteZER0

FrostbyteZER0

60 players.

Good god, that's just too many.. You'd be better off with 20. 6 Marines, 2 Predator, 12 Alien. Aliens get x2 lives, everyone else gets 1. This makes it feel like there are 24 aliens. Only 2 Predator because as history says, they are lone hunters by default.

Seriously, if you pitted 32 Aliens against 15 marines and 8 predator the aliens would win just about every time unless the humans and preds spammed the crap outta their super weapons or they found a damn good place to dig in and hope that there isnt a back door into their stronghold..

R4C HUNTER

R4C HUNTER

Can anyone tell me how many players in this new game please.

Rebel-Blood

Rebel-Blood

Doesen't seem suitable to AVP, just like AVP:SNES was unsuitable, just like AVP:Extinction was unsuitable and just like an Alien RPG is unsuitable.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: R4C HUNTER on Feb 02, 2010, 10:21:36 PM
Can anyone tell me how many players in this new game please.
18 players max.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed