AvP Arcade game

Started by Yautja, Dec 12, 2006, 07:00:57 PM

Author
AvP Arcade game (Read 36,163 times)

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

I downloaded the emulator and rom a couple days ago. Pretty cool game. Wish I had played it back in arcades. I got to play classics like The Simpsons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but never AVP. The story is pretty gay though. People thought Anderson crapped on the Predators...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

.....................The predators in the AvP game kill hundreds of Aliens.  Its not equatable.

Bishop2

Bishop2

A personal favorite of mine.  I loved the crap out of this game.  The ending was the bomb, too - the idea that the predators only helped the humans fight the aliens in order to find out which of them was the toughest, and therefore the best choice for future game. :) I wouldn't mind seeing that kind of revelation come back to haunt us in a future AVP or Predator film, maybe the Predators could come back and hunt down Lex now that she's "marked" as worthy game.

flabortaster

flabortaster

This game ranks high as one of the best side-scroller beat-em-ups during it's time. Hell, even now! Kurosawa was IMBA though she had an infinite combo haha

Bishop2

Bishop2

I usually played as either Kurosawa or Predator Warrior.  They were my chosen fighters.  I sucked - and still suck - with Dutch. 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I played as the predator with the normal throwing spear.  Not the dude with the huge bladed staff.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Warrior was the gray one with the the spear.  Predator Hunter was brownish and had the bladed thing.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glave FTW!

Bishop2

Bishop2

I thought a glave was a smaller throwing weapon, not so much a lengthy staff.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I was warrior then.  And I pwned.

My friend I beat it with was hunter.  He had the higher score, though i finished second all time.  (I'd be interested to see how long they keep those scores, or if they are a gimmick or not)

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

SPEC. AGENT KEYES

this game is great. I got addicted.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 28, 2007, 11:49:36 PM
My friend I beat it with was hunter.  He had the higher score, though i finished second all time.  (I'd be interested to see how long they keep those scores, or if they are a gimmick or not)

Most arcades in the '90s would shut all the systems down at the end of the night (or sometimes two or three nights) to avoid threat of burn-in, which basically destroyed the high scores on a near-daily basis due to the fact that nobody was making games that had a battery in them back then.  Sucks really.  It takes a specialty arcade like the infamous "Twin Galaxies" to really keep track of all the high scores and not let them get deleted.  :-[

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I was thinking it was bs, since the scores had to be up there since everybody was fighting the same aliens.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I played the game ages ago, it was really fun.

Spounge

Spounge

Just finished a round using Schaefer. Its good to play this game again. When one of my local gas stations had it, I remember spending almost 20 bucks playing it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed