The Confession Thread

Started by TheSailingRabbit, Jan 17, 2019, 09:43:10 PM

Author
The Confession Thread (Read 21,349 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Swearing quietly is no fun. Dont cuss all the time, but treat every curse like it's a celebration.

Give those dirty words the respect they f*ckin' deserve.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Listen to OMS when it tells you motherf**kers to social distance!!!  :-*

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2020, 07:58:56 PM
If I experience a sudden ache or pain, or injure myself in a way minor enough that I don't just swear out loud, I internally make one of the "injury" voice FX from the AvP2 marine.

Ha! That's amazing! I'll often say "don't relax just yet marines" to myself after a stressful situation.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 04, 2020, 07:08:49 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 03, 2020, 07:58:56 PM
If I experience a sudden ache or pain, or injure myself in a way minor enough that I don't just swear out loud, I internally make one of the "injury" voice FX from the AvP2 marine.

Ha! That's amazing! I'll often say "don't relax just yet marines" to myself after a stressful situation.

"Huh. Screwed again." has come up more than once.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Understandably.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Welcome back Fiendish!

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Thank you.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 03, 2020, 11:35:05 PM
Swearing quietly is no fun. Dont cuss all the time, but treat every curse like it's a celebration.

Give those dirty words the respect they f*ckin' deserve.

Didn't you give up swearing Huggsy?

Huggs

Huggs

In person, yes, I cut way down. Excessive stress had begun to negatively affect my vocabulary.

And I still edit my words on here. Plus, it just feels so good and natural to cuss out Randy Pitchford.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You shouldn't do that if you've forgiven Randy.

Huggs

Huggs

It's a good thing I haven't then.

Kradan

Kradan

I just feel the need to write this down somewhere and I can't think of a better place to do it.

So, podcasts are a very big reason why I'm still into Alien and Predator franchises. I listen to AvPGalaxy, Perfect Organism and Yutani podcasts. Unfortunately, as of late I really struggle to listen to what PO guys put out. It started with their episode-review of Memory: The Origins of Alien (which AvPG guys did too and were much more kind to it). They just trashed the documentary. Admittedly, I haven't watched it myself yet but just the way they kept criticizing it while saying that THEY would do the job so much better (especially Jaime because of his relation to industry and the fact he made one f**king documentary himself some time ago so he KNOWS HOW TO DO DA MOVIE) irritated the shit out of me. I've never come back to that episode.

And from there I think started a new trend with the show. They keep saying every episode to follow how much of a HARDCORE fans they're, how they know what to do in the next Alien movie and how moviemakers should not dissapoint them otherwise they just quit the franchise (what a threat, huh?). They pushed that angle "we're fans, we're fans" so hard that it became more about "we're fans and how much of importance that is" rather than about the Alien franchise itself. They think that they're "voice of community" and  that bunch of them is enough to represent all of the fandom. It seems to me that they really believe that so much depends on them, that success of next Alien movie depends solely on whether THEY AKA HARDCORE FANS go see it or not.

I want also to mention specifically all that Alien: Survival deal: Jaime brought some script writer he knows to show and the whole episode on that was just about how prequels damaged the franchise and how they KNOW WHAT TO DO TO FIX IT. I couldn't even make myself to listen it to the end, let alone revisit it

And the show just keeps on repeating itself. "Prometheus was bad, dialogue was insufferable, I lost my faith in Ridley, characters are important, Resurrection is irredeemable garbage, Ripley is my Space Mom, these movies being with me for as long as I can remember etc." These are probably right things to say but when they're repeated so many f**king times it loses all its importance and just becomes boring. Main host just refuses to move on from his disappointment with prequels and just ugh ... And the way he says from the third perspective "Here we go again, he's gonna bash prequels" like that's not exactly what he's gonna do. For comparision, I know that Hicks f**king hates The Predator but he's smart enough to rather not talk about it at all than constantly shit on it and annoy people who enjoyed the movie

Keep in mind, I'm not saying all the stuff they're doing is bad. I enjoyed some of the recent episodes, for instance, about Alien 3 score or discussion about Ripley or that commentary track they did for AVP 2004. I believe they're still very passionate about the material. And I most definitely thankful for good memories they gave me. But, as of late I become less and less excited about their stuff and appreciate more and more what Hicks, RidgeTop, Xenomorphine, HuDaFuk and other members of AvPG are doing with their podcast show

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Congrats, you're now more of an adult than those lads.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I knew it, I knew it! Now be kind to give me my gold star and a cigar.  :)

Kradan

Kradan

As for cigars ... Ridley not sure if he wants to share some

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed