Alien: Alone – Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 23, 2019, 07:06:12 PM

Author
Alien: Alone – Alien: 40th Anniversary Short Films (Read 33,811 times)

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Love all the documentation coming out of the social media,
about the Tongal Project.

Kradan

Alone is my second favourite (Harvest is above). I agree with Hicks that in terms of the storytelling it was the bravest one. It also continues some of themes from Covenant (lone android, fascination with xeno, drawings) that i highly appreciate. Actress did a great job acting taht very emotionly restricted synth. Especially i loved Ash homage.

The Old One

The Old One

It's the interesting one, certainly.

[cancerblack]

It's my personal fave, although Specimen and Ore are more complete.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I''d say something similar. But it's not my favorite, it's just the most interesting.

The Old One

The Old One

Superb model.

Nrmiller

Very loosely based off an early Cobb hammerhead nostromo design.

HuDaFuK

I mentioned it before, but I really enjoyed seeing the old-fashioned model shots in this. Brought a smile to my face.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nrmiller on May 19, 2019, 04:38:22 PM
Very loosely based off an early Cobb hammerhead nostromo design.

I'm being a bad fan and can't recall which particular concept you're thinking of. Do you have a copy?

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe he is talking about this one here.

Nrmiller

Yep thats it, I was even briefly talking to the prop store to let us shoot on the original Nostromo model. But that never materialized.

I loved the model work, I know it doesn't stand up as well when compared to the other shorts with ship shots but we were always a slightly different production.

The model was about 4 feet, absolutely gorgeous too, it probably needed to be about 15 to 20 feet, but I knew we didn't have the cash/resources to make something massive-- we could've gone cgi but I really wanted the process to feel like making a movie in that era, that was important and just plain fun for me. So it wasn't just the final product that was an homage, but the production itself.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Beautiful work. Mr. Noah Miller.

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed