AvP Tops UK Charts & Sequel On The Horizon?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 23, 2010, 07:54:01 AM

Author
AvP Tops UK Charts & Sequel On The Horizon? (Read 16,997 times)

Corporal Hicks

AvP has risen to the top of the UK charts for all three platforms and has become the fastest selling game of the year in the UK, beating the likes of Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2. Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley recently spoke to Develop-Online regarding that success:

“I won't say what stage those negotiations are in, but we would love to revisit the franchise. Fox are excited about what we're doing, and we feel we've added value to the franchise. We would love to work with Sega again, there were a lot of things we couldn't fit into the original. We are trying to do all the right things to make the franchise a success now and in the future."

I’m not sure how many units it has sold but it certainly looks like Sega and Rebellion have a commercial winner on their hands. Those of you who have played the game will know that it was left open for a sequel. I also hope the success means we’ll be getting additional DLC content. Thanks to Spic, Mr Weyland, iamu84, Remonster, Ikarop & everyone else.

skull-splitter

I sure as f**k hope that Rebellion pays attention to the feedback that's been given already. (and stays clear from A- the AvP movies, they infected this one badly enough and B- the homeplanets, some things are best left untouched)

Please listen to the fans and gamers and fix the many problems with this game and its sequels and make it the great game and AVP experience it can be.

Jay Thomas

"there were a lot of things we couldn't fit into the original"

Yeah...like more levels.

Jay Thomas

I love the game though. I'm just sayin'...

ScardyFox

Are you kidding me? Fix the first product before its infection makes to the masses and word-of-mouth kills the idea of any sequels.

metalos

Hi, I'm living in Hungary. I bespoke the game from the UK.
I think, the reason is simple why the game is bestseller in UK. The game in the UK (on the Amazon.co.uk) only £17.71 In Hungary the game is 11000 HUF this is  £35.8
I don't bespoke the game  from Amazon but an another shop but the coast is same.
I saved half of the coast.   :)  

Coke

Coke

Thats good maybe well get an sequel then, okey iam an fan och the alien series for 10years and the game is good, but int needs so much patching and updating ..

Urban Hunter

hell yeah man !

Hicks_0998

man i finished the predator campaign in 3 days, how does that work? although it was on easy...i might try hard

MikkoM

MikkoM

NOO!!! Please, SEGA do not allow Rebellion to turn AVP in to another E.T for Atari 2600! Use another game developer and give them enough time to polish the game.

marky

We bought the game to make A:CM happen you dork!   >:(    ... and off course to see Xenomorphs kill Predators   >:D  

Mike

Mike

I thought the whole story with the marines was very good, but I still would've liked to play as a facehugger! aha. Plus with fight scenes during the queen and the predalien as a predator- there should've been combat buttons. Press such a botton NOW and have a cooler ending rather than, oh- it's dead! I mean AVP:R didn't do justice for me, I wanted to see who could kill who first between the predator and the pedalien considering they were both in pain. Make the game longer!
Other than that I love the game and some DLC, updates and a sequel will be amazing! XD

kaljo

Fix the current version before thinking of a sequel. God damit. :/

kaljo

Hicks. it took you 3 days? lmfao. It takes a few hours dude.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed