Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Dec 31, 2016, 12:13:06 AM

Author
Scott says "Covenant is about mortality and immortality!! (Read 33,660 times)

Ultramorph

Quote from: shawsbaby on Dec 31, 2016, 01:41:48 AM
Quote from: Enoch on Dec 31, 2016, 01:40:16 AM
I dont believe any of those guys.

Could be! I'm secretly hoping it's all a big lie. Would be great to be surprised in May :)

Indeed. I'm really hoping to be pleasantly surprised by a totally different film.

Enoch

Shawsbaby, could you provide us with the exact answer Sagardoa wrote to you?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

A lot of it could be true and a lot of it is from the trailer and behinds the scenes footage, however it's always best just to call them liars to piss them off. It's the only way to get pictures out of them.  ::)

Enoch

They are f**king liars... :D :D

shawsbaby

Quote from: Enoch on Dec 31, 2016, 01:43:34 AM
Shawsbaby, could you provide us with the exact answer Sagardoa wrote to you?

I didn't save the message unfortunately but I just sent him a link to the 4chan spoilers and asked if he could confirm they were legit. He said they were accurate and made note that the 4chan guy had misunderstood the ending, that the film made it pretty obvious.

I asked him about the earlier rumor about xenos moving around quickly and their biomechanical appearance taking on new meaning in this film; he said he saw nothing like that in the film.

I didn't push it further because I didn't want to bother him. I'm certain he's getting bombarded by other people messaging him.

whiterabbit

Just thinking to myself, who in the right mind would leak such info on imdb of all places, they have almost everything needed to bust one's ass on completely legal grounds with standing. This is stealing cable illegal with or without a NDA.

Enoch

okidoki

We ll need a new approach. :D

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 31, 2016, 01:53:55 AM
Just thinking to myself, who in the right mind would leak such info on imdb of all places, they have almost everything needed to bust one's ass on completely legal grounds with standing. This is stealing cable illegal with or without a NDA.

Quite right, my friend.  :)

shawsbaby

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 31, 2016, 01:53:55 AM

Excellent point! Here's to a (mostly) unspoiled film, maybe? :)

Enoch

... mostly unspoiled or most spoiled movie of our time... :laugh:

rabidranger

This seems a little contradictory:

"So we did Prometheus - that heaved it off the ground - and Covenant is a follow-through to Prometheus. So we now know who created this, and why, and the next one's a joining up of the storyline. It touches on mortality, immortality and the real question of who created us and why."

What is Scott saying here? That the Engineers aren't the top of the food chain? That they did create us but not for the reasons we think? There is a clear connection between the Engineers and humans. It makes me wonder if our creation is a violation-perhaps to a higher power we haven't seen yet? We were created in their image, but what if the image of "God" is terrifying?

SiL

Regarding 4Chan/Sargoda, there were two test-screenings, one before and one after reshoots and re-editing.

BishopShouldGo

4Chan was pre reshoots yes?

DorkiDori

there was a guy a while back who claimed to be a time traveler (bare with me) who wrote up an entire Prometheus 2 re-enactment, like scene by scene. it sounded so damn cool... kinda wished it was the actual movie (very giger-esque motif and the engineers home planet was basically a giant giger painting). i really hope the IMDB guy was bullshitting about most of what he said, but honestly it sound like the way the film will go. still sounds amazing!

Ultramorph

Sagardoa just got back to me, and yeah, he backed up what 4chan guy said.
Spoiler
No Engineers other than the flashback where David kills them all.
[close]

fiveways

Because Ridley Scott couldn't be blowing smoke up peoples asses to try to pop the opening weekend box office figures.

From how I read what Scott is saying, I am more excited for the next film in the series than this one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed