First image from the Alien movie set by Fede Álvarez

Started by Acid_Reign161, Apr 26, 2023, 04:46:49 PM

Author
First image from the Alien movie set by Fede Álvarez (Read 15,987 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

https://twitter.com/fedalvar/status/1651263216624738306?s=46&t=xy7kipwXwND7uiaU52R2Fg

First look at set of new Alien movie posted by Fede Alvarez 😁🙏

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Cute nod, I really like that bit of set dressing.

Also, I spy the Aliens-era WY logo.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2023, 05:03:58 PMhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fup8y-QXwAEAE9w?format=png&name=smallhttps://eu-images.contentstack.com/v3/assets/blt95b381df7c12c15d/blt2d2d469f79289ebd/611e9302c888fe32025aa0ce/Alien_20Isolation_20Save_201.jpg?width=828&quality=80&format=webply&disable=upscale
Cute nod, I really like that bit of set dressing.

Also, I spy the Aliens-era WY logo.

So much to analyse in one image! Aliens-era WeYu logo, airlock and cryo signposts (so partially set in space), return to dirty working-class aesthetic over ultra-clean look of Scott's latest movies...I think the red lighting may be an indication we moving away from 'green'(hopefully lots of bold reds/blues/dark purples ) - as far as first looks go, I'm excited! 😁

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Apr 26, 2023, 04:46:49 PMhttps://twitter.com/fedalvar/status/1651263216624738306?s=46&t=xy7kipwXwND7uiaU52R2Fg

First look at set of new Alien movie posted by Fede Alvarez 😁🙏

;D

Along top of roof:

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2023, 05:03:58 PMCute nod, I really like that bit of set dressing.

Yep, very Alien: Isolation vibes.

Nightmare Asylum

Love seeing Cobb's Semiotic Standard icons here.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah, so this is obviously aboard a ship. There is an airlock, a reception, a genetic lab and a cryo(?) lab.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2023, 05:27:18 PMYeah, so this is obviously aboard a ship. There is an airlock, a reception, a genetic lab and another lab that I can't quite make out.

That tracks with the accidentally-made-public audition tapes, which focused on a salvaged on board a ship.

lv_226

Oh well... now colored me excited. Little nods to Isolation? Yes, please!

Cosmic Incubation

Yeah I'm loving the overall Isolation vibe of the production design so far

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2023, 05:29:35 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2023, 05:27:18 PMYeah, so this is obviously aboard a ship. There is an airlock, a reception, a genetic lab and another lab that I can't quite make out.

That tracks with the accidentally-made-public audition tapes, which focused on a salvaged on board a ship.

Could also be aboard a space station or a planet with a hostile atmosphere (hence the airlock) and "reception" I suppose.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Apr 26, 2023, 05:43:41 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 26, 2023, 05:29:35 PM

Could also be aboard a space station or a planet with a hostile atmosphere (hence the airlock) and "reception" I suppose.

Would love a planet with a hostile environment; I long to see some space suits getting proper play planetside again. Though since this is set (at least partially) on a colony world, I'd imagine that the atmosphere should be breathable by the time the story picks up.

ClockworkHorror

Holy nerdgasm, Batman.

Yes Please.

426Buddy

Loving the look of it, color me excited.

Happy Alien Day!

Ingwar

Looks Isolation-esque. Big time ;D

Kailem

Always nice to see an Aliens-esque colony complex kinda location. Like others have said, the airlock could just be because the atmosphere on the planet is still pretty harsh, so I'm still kinda leaning towards colony rather than a space station or ship.

That Isolation save point is a great touch though! I didn't notice that at first. Very nice little detail there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed