AI Art Thread

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Dec 21, 2022, 05:28:47 AM

Author
AI Art Thread (Read 10,311 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I know there has been a lot of controversy and real artists are against AI generated art. They are right. It's fun to play around with though, somehow, so just for fun, I've decided to create this thread where anyone can post the images they got from using an AI.

For the image below I just typed the words Padme Amidala and Darth Nihilus (Idk why the figure looks like Vader, seriously😅) and then clicked on a filter called 'spectral'.

Here I will leave other images that the AI generated for me. In my case I didn't upload reference images (which is possible to do). I just began to type words and then select filters. Some filters generate cooler results than others though. And apparently in just one week there are already some that are no longer available (in order to force users to pay for a subscription I imagine).

Spoiler
Here it was something like "Xenomorph, H.R. Giger, Age of Empires ll" and the filter called 'spectral' 🤣

Crazy Star Wars-like shit  :laugh:

Blade Runner + H.R. Giger  8)

Some real weird shit :o

[close]

Kradan

Kradan

I think we, artists, as probably any other group of people united by their profession, are just plain scared of being replaced by someone being able to do our work better and faster than we can

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 21, 2022, 06:51:22 AMI think we, artists, as probably any other group of people united by their profession, are just plain scared of being replaced by someone being able to do our work better and faster than we can
I'm more worried about people thinking art is nothing more than content to be churned and consumed, because those are the people with purse strings.

AI can't replace human artists because art is self expression. Unless you replace all of me with AI, I'll never be replaced as an artist. I might just struggle to get paid for it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As a filthy consumer, I'm mostly fascinated by these AI generated alternative universe reality movie screenshots. There's a level of surrealness to them, where they don't quite look and are obviously not, real that I find really intriguing.

In regards to actual AI "art" I completely understand where professionals are coming from and agree completely.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Dec 21, 2022, 07:16:49 AMI'm more worried about people thinking art is nothing more than content to be churned and consumed, because those are the people with purse strings.

AI can't replace human artists because art is self expression. Unless you replace all of me with AI, I'll never be replaced as an artist. I might just struggle to get paid for it.

Well, yeah. Unfortunately, most of artist's work is left hidden for viewer's eyes

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I stand with my art friends when they say it's theft, that is when people use it and then say they're now artists and this is their original art.

They aren't artists, they're word formatting.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Well, I've never done that. So far my only sin was using Giger's name as one of the words for the AI to generate the images. It wouldn't be a sin to just type in "dinosaur", "trees", "lake".🤓

However, something that I do love😍, although it has nothing to do with AI, but rather with apps like Photoshop or Picsart, is editing my own drawings with Filters and FXs. Just like I did recently with my Gigeresque drawing 'Entrance to the Castle of Count Tapir', originally posted on Oct 19, 2021, 02:32:22 AM. In order to curve the drawing I used Picsart (Art Filter called Tiny Planet).

And similarly with others...🤭

And as it is in the case of this thread, I do it just for fun. The day someone comes here to claim that these oddities from the OP are 100% their authorship and not the work of the digital robot, come with torches and sticks. 😅

But yes, those who claim to be the authors of AI-generated art are thieves, especially if they make a profit from it, and from what I've heard there are such guys on Artstation.

Kradan

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Wow..😍😍😍

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I made this video using the Midjourney AI, plus some editing apps.

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed