The Alien Vs. Predator Games Are WAY Better Than The Movies

Started by OpenMaw, Oct 02, 2022, 05:28:07 PM

Author
The Alien Vs. Predator Games Are WAY Better Than The Movies (Read 8,393 times)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 17, 2023, 01:31:08 AMMy family only had a mid range PC so the game did not run smoothly for me.

I find this interesting. I was in the same position, however for me it ran very smoothly (on lower graphics settings) BUT the loading screens took forever.

Corporal Hicks

Man, I remember the games of playing AvP2 on dial-up too. Used to have a bad ping, but it was generally playable for me! I spent a lot of time on AvP2's MP, rejoining every 2 hours.  :laugh:

Some Old Dude

Never has a thread title been truer.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 18, 2023, 07:46:58 AMMan, I remember the games of playing AvP2 on dial-up too. Used to have a bad ping, but it was generally playable for me! I spent a lot of time on AvP2's MP, rejoining every 2 hours.  :laugh:

Yeah I was on dial-up too, but everyone I jammed with was local so my ping was, well, bad, but not unplayable. Always mained Runner at the time because super sanic speed and frantic melee made up for whatever latency issues I had.

426Buddy

I live in rural northern Michigan so not only was the connection bad (even for dial-up) but no local players either. Certainly not the games fault though.

However AvP2 ran terrible on our PC, but I could play stuff like Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Max Pain, and Half Life 2 at high settings.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 19, 2023, 12:22:50 PMI live in rural northern Michigan so not only was the connection bad (even for dial-up) but no local players either. Certainly not the games fault though.

However AvP2 ran terrible on our PC, but I could play stuff like Return to Castle Wolfenstien, Max Pain, and Half Life 2 at high settings.

That's utterly bizarre. I couldn't run HL2 at all, on any settings, but AvP2 ran smooth as.

426Buddy

Maybe my memory isn't working anymore.. just looked up HL2 and I see it came out 2 full years after AvP2.

What I do know for sure is that the game was choppy for me. The first encounter with the Aliens and it would stutter so badly. Also the end with the Queen was almost too choppy to play.

Thatguy2068

This statement is basically fact, Even though I do like the first AvP movie I do agree that they're were potential that wasn't Use as much in the games

Wweyland

I agree that this is a fact.
AvP 2010 was very cinematic as well, although lacking in some other areas to be the best AvP game.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 10, 2023, 11:20:25 AMAvP 2010 was very cinematic as well, although lacking in some other areas to be the best AvP game.

2010 was mid as f**k, but honestly it still looks pretty great today.

Thatguy2068

It was a terrible idea to set the AvP movie on earth especially in the modern era, no because of predator predator does just fine, but the alien is the reason why there is said to be the most dangerous creatures in the galaxy, Ellen spoke against the idea of bringing these creatures to earth so this plot line already ruins that. And even if they can be wipe out on modern earth, it's just weakens them in general.

Wweyland

But but the budget had to be kept down so they set it on Earth...
More like it was a lack of imagination of how it could have been a contained movie in the future.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 30, 2023, 08:41:39 PMBut but the budget had to be kept down so they set it on Earth...
More like it was a lack of imagination of how it could have been a contained movie in the future.

Yeah, I really don't feel like the village and pyramid would have cost any less than a ship or colony, with clever re-use of modular sections. Like, uh, Alien.

Wweyland

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 30, 2023, 09:17:37 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Oct 30, 2023, 08:41:39 PMBut but the budget had to be kept down so they set it on Earth...

Yeah, I really don't feel like the village and pyramid would have cost any less than a ship or colony, with clever re-use of modular sections. Like, uh, Alien.
They could cheap out with the costumes and weapons though.

[cancerblack]

True, although it doesn't have to be Colonial Marines, the original comic shows that well enough. As for the monsters, they were clearly pretty committed to the Predators (like the results or not) and did cheap out on the Aliens anyway.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed