The Datamine Thread

Started by PAS Spinelli, Jul 07, 2020, 09:03:03 PM

Author
The Datamine Thread (Read 38,837 times)

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 12, 2020, 06:29:28 PM
Is that really Scar's plasma caster? It looks a lot different from the movie.

https://i.etsystatic.com/17822383/r/il/c13f21/1565483071/il_570xN.1565483071_76p2.jpg

We could assume it's some sort of skeleton so the model isn't going to look like that.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 12, 2020, 06:29:28 PM
Is that really Scar's plasma caster? It looks a lot different from the movie.

https://i.etsystatic.com/17822383/r/il/c13f21/1565483071/il_570xN.1565483071_76p2.jpg
Yeah that one looks really different, while the Berserker and City Hunter look accurate but unfinished (with the City Hunter having quite literally a butt on his PC) this one looks small and different, the files call it of Scar Plasma Caster tho

Also, Berserker's Plasma Caster seem to be the most finished atm, but CH is the only one with a mask listing and a face model in the files

RidgeTop

Yeah I think that's just a skeleton for the model, but the laser being on the gun itself makes it unmistakably Scar's, which also makes me wonder if he'll have the class ability to be able to aim the plasma caster even after having his bio-mask destroyed.

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. While not a precise match either, isn't Scarface's plasma caster pretty similar to that design too?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2020, 08:20:56 PM
Hmm. While not a precise match either, isn't Scarface's plasma caster pretty similar to that design too?

Yep, Scarface's default plasma caster is exactly that of Scar's, except when it's upgraded: one of the upgrades has some bone ornaments, and the other one is more flat with red lights. Concrete Jungle came out almost a year after AVP so there were definitely some design elements taken from the film.

SuperiorIronman

I think Scarface was supposed to have Jungle Hunter's gun but AVP likely had the design change. Though I want to think the JH model they had did end up being the one they use in-game. The weapon showcase trailer does depict what is likely near final and it still had the JH gun so it was probably a last minute change.

The only problem I see with Scarface is that we don't know what his armament really even looks like. His weapons and gear can change depending on what the player finds and not only isn't it commented on but the player can replay levels with it as if he had it the whole time. The only references I can come up with is the Neca figure and it's really only one reference which I imagine is probably based on the promo renders (they can be found in the manual) which differ from the designs seen in-game. Said renders also have different weapons and variants of weapons so who knows what he's actually supposed to be carrying. He doesn't have it in the flashbacks and he can have any of the three once he returns in 2030.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 13, 2020, 08:20:56 PM

Voodoo Magic

:D

It would be cool though wouldn't it.

Kailem

The glaive would definitely be a pretty awesome addition to the weapons, so long as it wasn't, y'know, poo.

PAS Spinelli

Honestly, I'm hoping the Shuriken, the Glaive and the like are added as upgrades you can apply to weapons like the FT guns, and much like some FT upgrades(mostly the silencer), offer some pros and cons
For example, Shuriken upgrade for Smartdisc, generally faster and has a wider hitbox, but deals less damage and has a limit to how many people it can pierce
Glaive upgrade for Combistick, deals a bit more damage and applys the bleeding effect, but can't be thrown and has a slight smaller hitbox

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 14, 2020, 03:47:51 PM
For example, Shuriken upgrade for Smartdisc, generally faster and has a wider hitbox, but deals less damage and has a limit to how many people it can pierce
Glaive upgrade for Combistick, deals a bit more damage and applys the bleeding effect, but can't be thrown and has a slight smaller hitbox

Well put, my good sir

shadowedge

shadowedge

It would be cool if each new plasma caster is different based on the movies.

City Hunter: the blast is yellow instead of blue.

Berserker/Mr. Black: rapid fire gatling gun but less accurate.

Scar: bigger blast. He was full on exploding xenomorphs, with them in AVP.

It would be nice if they tweeked Elder's to be used without a mask. In Predator 2 his targeting laser was on the plasma caster itself so he doesn't need a mask to fire it accurately.

Also maybe add a speargun for an upgrade to the bow.

An energy flechette from AVP 2/Predator 2 as an upgrade to the hand held plasma caster? Much quicker and but much weaker damage.

For the shurikin, maybe throw it and it comes back like a boomerang but it can not be auto piloted? That or Pas Spinelli's idea of the same as a smart disk but weaker and can't pierce the whole team.

Voodoo Magic

Honestly, I'm hoping the Shuriken, the Glaive and the like are added as upgrades you can apply to weapons like the FT guns, and much like some FT upgrades(mostly the silencer), offer some pros and cons

The Shuriken will never be an "upgrade" to the Smart Disc in my dojo.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 14, 2020, 09:28:48 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/sdLSQGV9BQRKU/giphy.gif

apparently, the Shuriken model has the same rig as the disc :/
really wished it wold be like the AvP2 2001 Smartdisc, but oh well

shadowedge

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jul 14, 2020, 11:15:04 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 14, 2020, 09:28:48 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/sdLSQGV9BQRKU/giphy.gif

apparently, the Shuriken model has the same rig as the disc :/
really wished it wold be like the AvP2 2001 Smartdisc, but oh well

The AVP 2001 version that auto targets and tracks the other player? That was cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed