Started by CelticP, Sep 10, 2007, 09:46:24 PM

Author
Predator Homeworld (Read 47,096 times)

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

i'd like that personally..

SMJ

SMJ

Or if he was hunting down a rogue predator, just to give the audience an idea how high ranking and bad-A$$ he is...oh yeah... ;). I like to think of Wolf as the Elder's right-hand man. Sry I'm gettin off-topic here.

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

I wonder if their just gonna show the predator homeworld in some kinda quick glance at the planet at the end or very beginning..

SMJ

SMJ

If I had to bet money I'd say thats what it'll be...

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

sadly...but still who knows, fox gave them more money to add/redo scenes how they wanted to they could of gone more indepth with the predator planet..

SMJ

SMJ

Thats true, I forgot about the additional money....Plus the bros seem to be good at the whole "bang for your buck" thing so...I'm sure it'll be cool. How it will look had got my mind racing...

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

Yeah me aswell..
I really wanna see it..I'm sure they won't dissapoint us..
I wouldn't be this skeptical about the movie if AVP wasn't so goddamn horrible...

SMJ

SMJ

What do you think? Should it be jungley, or like a weird desert....should it be advanced looking, or tribal? I ain't sure. But I'm thinkin kinda tropical-ish, but with strange plants and stuff, and kinda primitive looking. Like alien-indians or somthing to that effect. But I'm very open to the idea. I'm a minority but I liked the temples/waterfall pic in the other topic someone posted a pic of.

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

yeah i was thinking it would be kinda like the mesozoic era, with like lush jungles and strange creatures running around and the weather extrememly humid and hot.

SMJ

SMJ

yeah, kinda pre-historic lookin. Very aged looking environment, something similar too, but obviously NOT, Earth. Def be cool.

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

But it'd be mostly jungle dont you think.

SMJ

SMJ

Yes definatly very jungle-y. The book forever-midnight (wich I havent read, but know some of from a friend) describes a pred-planet with very tropical environment, layers and layers of canopy, predators in the trees its so thick you can walk on it (the canopy) it sounded really cool. Had 3 suns around it so most the year the planet was very very hot and almost never dark.

Master

Master

If there was a humid and hot environment, with lots of light from three suns why preds would have infra red vision spectrum?

joballs45

joballs45

Its pretty obvious that its going to be in this movie but probally briefly, what do you think it will look like?

Soul

Soul

Whatever it looks like, I truly hope they don't f**k it up.

Personally, I wouldn't show the Predator homeworld.  Creatures/aliens are always more interesting when you don't explain every last damn thing about them.  Why does there even have to be a homeworld?  I wouldn't be against the idea of Predators being a species that once had a homeworld, but now only remain with a few remaining nomadic ships/clans that do on other planets what they used to do on their own : hunt.

Things I would like to see if I were forced to insert the scene:

I would expect the world to be primitive, lush, and hot, with some other sorts of nasty and violent indigenous life.  Pretending like Anderson's AvP never happened, both Predator movies established very strongly that Predators prefer it H O T.  So, no f**king ice.  No cold.  It can be that simple.  Vegetation + heat + vicious indigenous species.

Things that would make me go apeshit angry if they included in a predator homeworld sequence:

-Anything that even remotely resembles a f**king pyramid.
-Female Predators (they may exist in comic books, but it would look retarded on screen, don't even get me started)
-Predator "civilization" : I don't want to see any f**king Predator universities, Predator starbucks, or Predator ship building factories.  They are a violent, primitive creature that mysteriously has advanced technology.  Explaining where they got their technology or how they developed it would take be disappointing no matter how you did it.
-Predators-in-training: I don't want to see another overweight, clumsy, dipshit teenage predator as long as I live.  Leave the female and youth predators to the lore of lousy comics and Paul Anderson movies, respectively.

In summary: I just hope they keep it brief, simple, and don't try and explain too much.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed