ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 386,867 times)

predxeno

I checked amazon.com... nothing.

happypred

I liked Stephani's work on Prey which she co-authored with her father Steve

Wasn't so fond of War which she wrote by herself

Kimarhi

She also worked on Female War with her dad, Berserker and Labyrinth be herself.  She's much better at banter between characters than her dad is.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 05, 2013, 04:17:10 PM
She also worked on Female War with her dad, Berserker and Labyrinth be herself.  She's much better at banter between characters than her dad is.
She also did 'Aliens: Criminal Enterprise' more recently. It's not the best Aliens novel out there, but I still dug it.

I also happened to like it more than her father's solo Predator outing at around the same time.

Kimarhi

I actually liked that Predator novel as good as any I've read of the standalones.

Still think AvP Prey is the best Predator related material out there concerning the EU.  I know not everybody likes the space samurai idea but I thought it was cool and probably read Prey two dozen times crowing up.

Xenomrph

Did you read 'Predator: South China Sea'? It's pretty kickass and does a good job of making both the humans AND Predator into interesting characters.

Kimarhi

Naw, I like the Preds but have always been a much bigger fan of the Alien series.  I think I have one or two predator omnibuses I have never looked at.

Xenomrph

South China Sea is a novel, it's not a comic series. If you liked Steve Perry's solo Predator novel, I'd definitely recommend checking out South China Sea. It's hands-down my favorite Predator novel.

Kimarhi

I know its a novel I remember Hicks praise for it when it came out.

I'm just saying that my pred collection is not like my Alien collection concerning the EU.  I probably have 95% of the Alien EU, and about fifty percent of the pred EU.  Just doesn't interest me as much.  But if I see Predator South China Sea I might pick it up.

Xenomrph

I was going to offer to buy you a copy off Amazon because used books tend to be dirt-cheap, but apparently it's out of print and prices have subsequently skyrocketed.

Kimarhi

I'm ninja, I'll find it somewhere.

Xenomrph

Spotted one on eBay for about original retail price, although it's not in new condition.

happypred

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 06, 2013, 03:51:52 AMI know not everybody likes the space samurai idea but I thought it was cool and probably read Prey two dozen times crowing up.

The main predator was a space samurai in the noble savage vein. His students were more like space assholes.

Kimarhi

Dachande was more the exception than the standard.  Topknot and others were also assholes.

happypred

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 10, 2013, 03:49:09 AM
Dachande was more the exception than the standard.  Topknot and others were also assholes.

Yes...that's why it's false to claim that Prey makes out the whole predator race to be a bunch of noble savages

Dachande has a strong sense of honour, but he's rare. Most predators don't give a sh*t about honour when they can get away with slaughtering whatever they want 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed