NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,206,823 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Master on Jan 21, 2023, 09:04:24 PMThat's interesting,  I didn't know that.

I'm preparing to make Predators hunting camp diorama. I need Ak-47 in scale for one of the decorations and it was included in first McFarlane accesory ( munitions) pack and I missed it 😫

Would this suffice?

https://valaverse.com/product/crimson-shadow-arsenal-tin/

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Master on Jan 21, 2023, 09:04:24 PMThat's interesting,  I didn't know that.

I'm preparing to make Predators hunting camp diorama. I need Ak-47 in scale for one of the decorations and it was included in first McFarlane accesory ( munitions) pack and I missed it 😫
eBay is your friend for stuff like this.

Master

Master

Thanks guys! Thanks for such helpful reaction. Thing is ordering from ebay is either time consuming if shipping is cheap or extremely expensive shipping. I know, I'm nitpicking now.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 22, 2023, 09:40:22 PM

Would this suffice?

Wow Dude! That's the ammount that would suffice for, idk, a life time?  :laugh:

Is it in 1:10 scale?

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: Master on Jan 23, 2023, 04:43:04 PMThanks guys! Thanks for such helpful reaction. Thing is ordering from ebay is either time consuming if shipping is cheap or extremely expensive shipping. I know, I'm nitpicking now.

Would this suffice?

They're 1:12 scale. Too small?

Master

Master

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 23, 2023, 05:37:39 PM
Quote from: Master on Jan 23, 2023, 04:43:04 PMThanks guys! Thanks for such helpful reaction. Thing is ordering from ebay is either time consuming if shipping is cheap or extremely expensive shipping. I know, I'm nitpicking now.

Would this suffice?

They're 1:12 scale. Too small?

Neca stuff is usually 1:10 and clothed figures are 1:8. Chill, I'll get it sooner or later. Predators hunting camp is my next project, I'm currently working on dio for my Kratos figures and it's finished in 75%.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Nabbed the Shaman yesterday! Love this figure! Backstory is interesting hinting at some sort of mystical Predator belief system. However, while the box art is bad ass, it's the first of the Lost Tribe to not be illustrated by Tristan, which is a bit disappointing as that's been a major selling point for me. For example, I was on the fence about getting the Battle Damaged City Hunter a while back as I already had the Ultimate City Hunter. But once I saw that the Box Art was done by Tristan I had to have it. And I'm glad I got it as there's also some extra backstory on the back that mentions the Lost Tribe almost sending out the Warrior to take out City Hunter because he was bringing too much unwanted attention upon himself. Love those little backstories lol.

Darkseed

Darkseed

Someone got their hands on the new Elder, the figure looks awesome but I'm really disappointed with the box art.
The artist literally copied the promo pic from Hot toys Elder.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Darkseed on Jan 24, 2023, 09:40:04 PMSomeone got their hands on the new Elder, the figure looks awesome but I'm really disappointed with the box art.
The artist literally copied the promo pic from Hot toys Elder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7zf1nsA3ho
As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

That is some of the weakest box art I've seen from NECA in a long time. It's not even that it's a Hot Toys figure that was used, it's just not a great picture in general. Surprised by this!

Darkseed

Darkseed

Compared to the good work that the other artists have done, using a promo pic from another action figure company is offensive.
There was so much that could be done.... all the other preds got amazing box art, it's really a shame that Elder won't get the same treatment.

Master

Master

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 22, 2023, 07:23:52 AM

I'm preparing to make Predators hunting camp diorama. I need Ak-47 in scale for one of the decorations and it was included in first McFarlane accessory ( munitions) pack and I missed it 😫
you can probably find it somewhere EB games had them last month or if you don't care that its probably a bootleg aliexpress has a lot of neat things, The knock off Mafex Batmans are worth it if you pay under $20 they break easly but are good for customs.

My musings were too early. I did manage to get my set domestically, form more obscure local shop. I'm happy!

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

It's sus to me.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 24, 2023, 11:15:54 PMIt's sus to me.

Ya I agree especially considering Mr. Jones already told us that he did the box art for Elder:

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 25, 2020, 02:26:56 AMI can tell you right now that the Elder is going to have the most straight forward box illustration, but that won't mean it won't look any less rad than the others. I just think his appearance at the end of Predator 2 is too iconic to overlook or try and "beat" with another image. Everyone else is getting "Expanded Universe" package illos though.

Mike’s Monsters

There's another Elder on eBay with the same box art, and you can see the credits. The artist listed is Michael Montenat, not Tristan Jones. NECA could have commissioned him, but chose to go a different route at the last minute.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364122162712?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d1wsn_hjrum&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=6dcdbhvys9m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

SiL

SiL

With another company's toy?

I am confused.

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 26, 2023, 06:37:32 AMThere's another Elder on eBay with the same box art, and you can see the credits. The artist listed is Michael Montenat, not Tristan Jones. NECA could have commissioned him, but chose to go a different route at the last minute.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364122162712?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=d1wsn_hjrum&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=6dcdbhvys9m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Then it's probably legit as Michael Montenat did the artwork for Stoneheart and Shaman. And after checking out his Instagram he also did Boar. However, based on that eBay link it looks like Tristan did Snake at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed