Cloaking?

Started by Taxemic, Jul 01, 2010, 07:14:06 PM

Author
Cloaking? (Read 10,186 times)

Mike The Wolf

Mike The Wolf

Maybe Noland saved a regular pred from a super pred and it taught him how to use it  ::)

Raptor

Raptor

Quote from: Taxemic on Jul 01, 2010, 07:26:47 PM
True. I thought there'd be some more information somewhere on how the cloaking device might work. I mean from the game AVP2 there is a diary that suggested that the devices attached to the Preds arms would cause it to die if they were removed. In which case this made me think that they are somehow organically connected to the Preds. Especially the way the plasma caster moves about where ever the Pred looks.

Just thought there might be an answer. Interesting. I think.

I always tought the plasma caster aims at teh direction the helmet looks not the Pred himself no?

Spider One

Spider One

I wonder if Noland ever got electrocuted on accident learning how to use the cloaking device. Maby he once had a do like Don King after first testing out the cloaking device.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: CEP on Jul 01, 2010, 07:25:27 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 01, 2010, 07:20:15 PM
Quote from: CEP on Jul 01, 2010, 07:16:38 PM
Um...yeah? Didnt you see the clips?
Gotta see them. Which one to be precise?

A FAN YOU ARE NOT!  A real true fan would've watched it the second they came online!!  :D lol.
properly because I'm waiting for the film I don't want to spoilerize myself too much. Usually the only things I'm curious for are the creature design and few else, I'll see the other (now that I have seen "Over here") clips when I see the film in theater. ;)

EDIT: Seen the clip. Methinks that the Mask is the responsible for cloaking somewhat. Anyway, the smile is hilarious!

CEP

CEP

I was kidding...but ok...?

Mutha_Brucka

Mutha_Brucka

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Jul 01, 2010, 07:17:10 PM
... yeah, he has a Predator cloaking device. Idiotic thread title.  ::) Some people don't like to be spoiled, Taxemic.

Taxemic

Taxemic

Lol.

Yeah I think it's all in the arm device. I just find it interesting that in the AVP games it states that the Predator died when they removed it's arm device. I liked the idea of the bio-mech idea and it made sense. Just like to know more about how it works. There must be more info on this somewhere?  ???

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Well the movies aren't linked to the comics they can conflict them anytime they want...I like the idea myself it only makes sense that he'd learn to use the technology after all that time.

Rabies

Rabies

in defense of the games just because they died when they removed them doesn't mean they couldn't have just succumbed to they're wounds

or

having them integrated onto your body could be optional not necessary

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Taxemic on Jul 01, 2010, 07:26:47 PM
True. I thought there'd be some more information somewhere on how the cloaking device might work. I mean from the game AVP2 there is a diary that suggested that the devices attached to the Preds arms would cause it to die if they were removed. In which case this made me think that they are somehow organically connected to the Preds. Especially the way the plasma caster moves about where ever the Pred looks.

Just thought there might be an answer. Interesting. I think.
The predators fire the shoulder cannon via hitting something inside the mask with their mandibles I thought. The cloaking device works only if a Predator has both the mask and the wrist gauntlet. It bends light in certain frequencies set up therein.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed