Elder's necklace

Started by Mister Skeezler, Mar 14, 2023, 08:17:58 PM

Author
Elder's necklace (Read 1,523 times)

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Just noticed something on my thousandth(?) or two-thousandth(?) viewing of Predator 2. When the lost tribe are circling Harrigan, Elder is holding his necklace. He continues to do so while the tribe carries City Hunter out, and still while they're walking past him. The last Predator to walk by him is Shaman, who he nods to and only then moves his hand away. I'm sure I'm just adding my own significance to it, but I love the idea that there's some ceremonial significance. Anyone else notice this? Everyone else notice this? I like finding new things in these movies even after all these years.

Kradan

Kradan

You probably onto something

Wweyland

Wweyland

Recently, I paid more attention to him holding the sword

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I always just equated it to the same way Danny rubs his necklace earlier in the movie. Religious or stress maybe.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 16, 2023, 01:59:56 AMI always just equated it to the same way Danny rubs his necklace earlier in the movie. Religious or stress maybe.

Yeah, but Danny's necklace becomes a plot point later, so they kind of needed you to pay attention to it so you recognize it when it's hanging from the tree.

Anyways, it could just a be nothing, but if it was a choice by the director, I think it was a pretty great world-building one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Mar 16, 2023, 04:30:10 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Mar 16, 2023, 01:59:56 AMI always just equated it to the same way Danny rubs his necklace earlier in the movie. Religious or stress maybe.

Yeah, but Danny's necklace becomes a plot point later, so they kind of needed you to pay attention to it so you recognize it when it's hanging from the tree.

That's a good shout! It wasn't a similarity I has noticed before. I wonder how intentional that was. I'd never read much into the gesture before.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

I noticed it in my third viewing and just shrugged it off as a nice parallel.

Yautja888

Yautja888

Nice theory but the secret of the necklace explained there  :

https://tinyurl.com/eldernecklace

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yep, you got me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed