AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: Aliens vs. Predator Requiem (Unrated)!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 20, 2020, 08:10:34 PM

Author
AvP Galaxy Fan Commentary: Aliens vs. Predator Requiem (Unrated)! (Read 20,793 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 21, 2020, 07:59:22 AM
Listened about an hour of it. Enjoying it so far.

... but when Corporal said that Requiem is more watchable than The Predator I experienced strong desire to turn it off, delete my account and nuke the entire site from orbit  :D

... once again I had that feeling when at the end RidgeTop tried to trick Corporal and Xenomorphine into saying that Requiem is better than The Predator.  >:(

Ha. It was just how I found the experiences lately. I'd been struggling to rewatch The Predator when doing prep for the last podcast. I found myself not struggling while doing it for this. I fully believe TP to be an objectively better film, but they're both still very bad for me.

Gr33n M4n

Requiem did have a cool Predator though. I think Wolf was a redeeming quality of the movie.

Still Collating...

I loved this! I'd listen to commentaries from you guys for all the films. Enjoyed this a lot. Damn Hicks, you really prepare seriously, even for a movie like this. And I have to agree with RidgeTop, I think AVP:R is better than The Predator by a long shot.

Voodoo Magic

What I learned during this AvP Requiem Commentary:

* The Resident Evil series - what's good, what's bad.
* Universal Studios and the adjacent parks.
* What housing conditions are like in London and Los Angeles.
* The smell of L.A.!
* Xenomorphine loves to interrupt Hicks..... a lot!
* RidgeTop desperately wants Hicks and Xenomorphine to have a drinking problem.
* Hicks is an overachiever and gets criticized for it... by the drunk guy!
* It takes two beers for Hicks to start referring to me as "Voodoo Predator".
* Oh, and I learned a little bit about the actual film AvP Requiem.

:laugh:

Great commentary guys. I definitely had fun, even though RidgeTop's taste in movies is making the rest of us Requiem fans look a bit questionable!  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Oh shit, I did didn't I. I do it in my head all the time.

Voodoo Magic

Really?? That's really funny.

Hey, I'm just glad it's not "Voodoo Dumbass"  :D

Immortan Jonesy

I bet the Voodoo Predator is a prominent member of the Lost Tribe  8)

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 21, 2020, 09:30:49 PM

I generally don't write Predator fanfiction, but that is a good idea.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 21, 2020, 09:56:44 PM

The Voodoo Pred is worthy of it.

RidgeTop

Thanks for editing this, Hicks. Glad we finally got a commentary out as we've been meaning to forever. Really appreciate the feedback, everyone.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 20, 2020, 11:10:43 PM
It wasn't negative! Ridgetop just really likes the film and AP and Xenomorphine do their best to stay positive,

One thing is for sure, after all these podcasts I can say that Ridgetop and I do not share the same taste in movies. lol.

Great job guys, it was a fun listen! :)

Glad you enjoyed it! I'm curious though as to what other films you've noted that we disagree on.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 21, 2020, 07:41:06 PM
I loved this! I'd listen to commentaries from you guys for all the films. Enjoyed this a lot. Damn Hicks, you really prepare seriously, even for a movie like this. And I have to agree with RidgeTop, I think AVP:R is better than The Predator by a long shot.

Good to hear that someone is on my side!

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 21, 2020, 07:01:37 PM
Requiem did have a cool Predator though. I think Wolf was a redeeming quality of the movie.

Indeed, he's one of the best aspects and still my favorite Predator character from the films.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 21, 2020, 08:04:11 PM
RidgeTop desperately wants Hicks and Xenomorphine to have a drinking problem.

I expected them to do a better job keeping up with the rounds, I wanted to have a party! I didn't get drunk though, just got a good buzz going.

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 21, 2020, 07:59:22 AM
Listened about an hour of it. Enjoying it so far.

... but when Corporal said that Requiem is more watchable than The Predator I experienced strong desire to turn it off, delete my account and nuke the entire site from orbit  :D

... once again I had that feeling when at the end RidgeTop tried to trick Corporal and Xenomorphine into saying that Requiem is better than The Predator.  >:(

It's a totally valid perspective to like The Predator more, to each their own, and don't let us ribbing on a movie harm your enjoyment of it. There are things that The Predator does well and when we get around to doing that one, I'll have some praise for it along with my thrashing.

426Buddy

Just off from this podcast, I think the RE films are poo lol.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 21, 2020, 10:19:36 PM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 21, 2020, 09:56:44 PM

The Voodoo Pred is worthy of it.

The Cruentus

Pregnant Sue was indeed one of the women from the maternity ward, the waitress was called Carrie. https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Carrie_Adams

Getting drunk is definitely a requirement to watch this movie.  :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Mar 22, 2020, 02:16:02 AM

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 21, 2020, 08:04:11 PM
RidgeTop desperately wants Hicks and Xenomorphine to have a drinking problem.

I expected them to do a better job keeping up with the rounds, I wanted to have a party! I didn't get drunk though, just got a good buzz going.

To be fair, I probably would have been right there with you, knocking back gin and tonics!

And I'm right in line with you for a color corrected 4K release. That would be truly awesome. However, unfortunately, I think it would take another AvP movie in production to kick something like that in gear in anticipation for the new film's release.

426Buddy

I would be down for giving it one more shot. Make it in the future with a colonial marines. Budget and scale don't have to be big but you have to have a real talent for the script and direction.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed