Q&A with Rebellion

Started by ikarop, Jun 28, 2009, 11:57:12 AM

Author
Q&A with Rebellion (Read 47,444 times)

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Will they play off the lighting effects for 'horror' purposes.

Hydromaphica

Hydromaphica

are we still accepting questions?

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

yes.

Hydromaphica

Hydromaphica

Well I have a few things that I wont to hear about so hear it is,
1.Will aliens acid destroy portions of environment?
2.Would Alien be able to headbite any part of the body?
3.In the marine missions will fellow marine Buddy's be picked off with out you even knowing where they went like the first fight in Aliens.
4.Will you gain the option to skin your option as the predator.
5.Is there going to be an achievement system on the PC game.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

Those were good questions.

kvon17

kvon17

Quote from: Hydromaphica on Jul 02, 2009, 12:22:44 AM
Well I have a few things that I wont to hear about so hear it is,

3.In the marine missions will fellow marine buddys be picked off with out you even knowing where they went like the first fight in Aliens.

That is confirmed.

predatorfandrc90

predatorfandrc90

He's right dude.

Hydromaphica

Hydromaphica

Thats great. I always wanted a marine campaign that actually reflects more movie material in the game.:D

Yutani

Yutani

Quote from: Xhan on Jul 01, 2009, 10:07:21 PM

Why don't you take some of your own advice? Did you realize what you just posted? Ok I'm on crack here is a website that has the same information on it that I provided, and your point is???? Ok I will admit most people don't like what I said but a lot of people agree with it because it has good odds that it's true. Hell I will even admit that I don't like the idea of the console version being better than the pc version but I'm not going to sugar coat anything. But I wanted to responded to this post and not any of the other posts about my opinions only because you sir or madam have no reasoning behind your madness, if you get my drift.

lols. I'm the guy who's keeping tabs on what will eventually permanent features, sparky.

Secondly, the button = console superiority argument is rather off the rails, seeing as a mouse and key board effectively gives you 120+ buttons, in addition to native usb support for the 360 contoller.

And finally. The game is absolutely for adults as stated by Jason Kingsley and Tim Jones. As in adults with jobs who can afford a PC as opposed to a console.

Worst argument ever. There are tons of mature games for console. Also, when the PS3 strike the market, its price was arround 700$ (not the kind of product a kid can afford), and its a Blue-Ray system whit a hard disk inside that you can use for a lot of multimedia stuff.

You can argue about the hardware power, thats true...but just get over of that endless console = kid discussion. We are not in 1989, and the black 700$ block wich lays on my lounge's floor its not a "gameboy"

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 01, 2009, 11:59:32 PM
My inquiries mainly pertain to the Alien game-play aspect of the new AVP title. I want to know if the Aliens will be portrayed in an authentic and faithful manner to the Alien films and not the mindless, weak, cannon fodder they've consistently been portrayed as in previous AVP games (the first PC AVP game more so than the second). Previously, the Predators were given an almost god-like status over "the ultimate prey" that made one wonder why the Preds would even bother with them.

The Alien warriors were always too small in previous AVP games and not accurately scaled to about 8' when standing upright. This concerns me because they look too small in the screen shots that were released. They also were not as tough and as strong as they should have been in previous AVP games and the reduction of their speed and agility has me concerned as they seem to be too sluggish in the video clips. Will these issues be addressed?

Will the Alien be limited to using it's inner jaw only on a target's head again? If so, why?

Will the Alien be able to see a target's "pheromone" trails on objects and other surfaces (i.e. footsteps on the ground that are lit up with "pheromones")?

How are the Alien's vision modes being implemented? Ideally, there should only be one vision mode for the Alien that reacts accordingly to the lighting in the immediate environment.

Will the Alien have the ability to spit acid on a target or object to damage it and impair the target's vision?

Will the Alien life cycle be implemented in both single player & multi-player modes?

Will the Alien be able to knock over and/or incapacitate a target then carry it away to either be cocooned as a potential host or finished off?

How is the Alien's AI being handled? Are they going to behave and react intelligently (i.e. stealthily, and not running head long into incoming rounds)?

Is the species point ratio system for the multi-player modes returning from the first PC AVP game? If so, why? It seemed like a cheap way to "level the playing field" to an already inaccurate and imbalanced set of characters and weapons. Though not without it's problems, Monolith created a much more faithful and balanced multi-player system for AVP2.

One of the biggest problems with playing as the Alien in previous AVP games was the wall-walk mechanic was unreliable. The player would constantly either get stuck, fall off, or not be able to grab onto surfaces properly. Hence the player would get killed a lot more frequently than they should have. And it was vexing enough the Aliens couldn't take as much damage as they should've in the first place. How is the wall walk mechanic being implemented this time?

Why is the Predator being given a second set of wrist blades? Personally, I really think they need to be taken out. If anything, dual forearm scimitars would be more appropriate (say as weapons that could be acquired and equipped later on in the game).

Will the Predator have the Smart Disk and Shurikens?

Will the Predator have the Razor Whip?

Will the Predator be able to throw his spear and pin targets to objects?

Will the Predator's plasma caster bolt track targets like in AVP2? If so, why?

Will the Predator have to equip his Plasma Caster and manually push a button to fire it, or will he be able to multi-task like in the films?

Will the motion tracker be an item that has to be equipped to use instead of being part of your HUD? If not, why not?

How interactive and destructible will the environments be? Will light sources be destructible?

Will the Pred-Alien's reproductive method from AVP:R be included? If so, why?!

lights can be destroyed.

the plasma bolts track.

both are in the many pred videos that u can watch and in the previews....

here is my theory on y plasma bolts are tracking. in the movies, the pred locks on and fires the bolt. However, in-game, when the pred locks on, it screws up your ability to lead the target with the bolt. the pred locks on to the target to make it movie authentic.

so here are the options,

-have it lock on and not track, but speed up the bolt so it hits the target at medium distance, if that happens the pred would need to stay invisible, bolts need to be super weak, and the bolts should make 80% contact, to be an effective weapon.

-have it lock on but slow the speed down and make it track, have avp2 style damage rating, slower bolt gives u some time to find cover.

-Not have the pc lock on which makes it not movie-authentic.

kvon17

kvon17

The bolt HAS a hugely increased speed.

Inferno

Inferno

Quote from: kvon17 on Jul 02, 2009, 03:13:18 AM
The bolt HAS a hugely increased speed.
i know, im just telling him.

kvon17

kvon17

ah

affinity

affinity

how many types of Marine skins will there be for multiplayer?

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Yutani on Jul 02, 2009, 01:51:14 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Jul 01, 2009, 10:07:21 PM

Why don't you take some of your own advice? Did you realize what you just posted? Ok I'm on crack here is a website that has the same information on it that I provided, and your point is???? Ok I will admit most people don't like what I said but a lot of people agree with it because it has good odds that it's true. Hell I will even admit that I don't like the idea of the console version being better than the pc version but I'm not going to sugar coat anything. But I wanted to responded to this post and not any of the other posts about my opinions only because you sir or madam have no reasoning behind your madness, if you get my drift.

lols. I'm the guy who's keeping tabs on what will eventually permanent features, sparky.

Secondly, the button = console superiority argument is rather off the rails, seeing as a mouse and key board effectively gives you 120+ buttons, in addition to native usb support for the 360 contoller.

And finally. The game is absolutely for adults as stated by Jason Kingsley and Tim Jones. As in adults with jobs who can afford a PC as opposed to a console.

Worst argument ever. There are tons of mature games for console. Also, when the PS3 strike the market, its price was arround 700$ (not the kind of product a kid can afford), and its a Blue-Ray system whit a hard disk inside that you can use for a lot of multimedia stuff.

You can argue about the hardware power, thats true...but just get over of that endless console = kid discussion. We are not in 1989, and the black 700$ block wich lays on my lounge's floor its not a "gameboy"

None of which is a reason for a console to be lead platform.

There are more PCs capable of playing games than consoles combined.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed